Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

The Great Tiki Treasure Hunt starts Thurs., 05/14 at noon pst

Pages: 1 2 3 4 147 replies

M

Aloha TC Ohana,
The first clue will be provided tommorow at 12:00 noon pst on http://www.tikimugs.com under our Contests section. You will have to visit 6 different websites to complete the Great Tiki Treasure Hunt. Once completed, you must immediately send an email to [email protected] naming the sites you've visited, in order. The grand prize winner will receive a limited edition (only 20 made) sterling silver Great Tiki Treasure Hunt doubloon pendant (designed by Derek Yaniger) and a $50 gift certificate. 2nd, 3rd & 4th place finishers will receive a doubloon.

Good luck & happy hunting!
Holden

[ Edited by: MakeDaMug 2009-05-13 13:39 ]

A

Arrrrrr!!!

UB

Sounds like it's gonna be fun. Look forward to it.

K
kirby posted on Fri, Jun 3, 2005 8:33 PM

Treasure...Treasure..did someone say Treasure.hehehe

Arrrr. Ye've peaked our interest now, ye have! Out with it, now!

All good things come with time. Let us unfold the story first.
Holden

CA

RRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

Hopefully outdrinking Keith Richards will not be
a requirement.

TM

Alright, what gives?

T

Tropical Locales.....Torch lit caverns.....Exotic Ports. Well obviously there is something going down big in Maryland! Can't wait. :)

Tacky Techie Tiki Bar
It's easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat; but the man worth while, is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat

[ Edited by: turbogod on 2005-06-04 23:07 ]

I know what this is all about and am going to release the first clue. It has something to do with a Famous Tiki in in So. Cal. Any guesses?

T

On 2005-06-04 19:39, RevBambooBen wrote:
I know what this is all about and am going to release the first clue. It has something to do with a Famous Tiki in in So. Cal. Any guesses?

I hate to spill the beans, but it's Mr. Bali Hai.

On 2005-06-04 19:42, Tiki_Bong wrote:

On 2005-06-04 19:39, RevBambooBen wrote:

I hate to spill the beans, but it's Mr. Bali Hai.

Wrong.

AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

Arrr, more booty for me treasure chest!

Keel the haul! Let fly the jib! Pour the grog!

'Tis a thing of booty, err beauty.

-Tiki'buxom sea wench'wahine

You got treasure??????? I need Treasure.....

TM

Hey Holden, you gonna do a Car Rally?

Woo Hoo! "X" marks the spot, Soccer Tiki and I can't wait for the hunt :wink:

On 2005-06-06 17:09, Tiki Matt wrote:

Yes, very soon. I just aquired a 1954 GM Milk Truck (w/the original 262 4-on-the-floor) that will be our Tiki Lounge on wheels complete with an 8' x 13' mobile Tiki lounge for upcoming gigs... her name is Wilma. West Coast Customs is going to "Pimp Wilma" late this Summer!

Holden

[ Edited by: smogbreather on 2005-06-08 23:36 ]

B

Cool truck. I used to drive one of those on a battery route.
Pirates treasure???Walk the plank for it.

The Great Tiki Treasure Hunt website is live. You can check it out at http://www.tikitreasurehunt.com . Please be sure to check out every page! I can let you know that the first clue lies within our ad on the forthcoming issue of Tiki Magazine, which is being debuted tomorrow at the Tiki Ti.
Mahaloz,
Holden

[ Edited by: smogbreather 2005-07-29 11:05 ]

[ Edited by: Humuhumu - Fixed link - 2005-07-30 14:25 ]

On 2005-06-08 23:32, smogbreather wrote:

Yes, very soon. I just aquired a 1954 GM Milk Truck (w/the original 262 4-on-the-floor) that will be our Tiki Lounge on wheels complete with an 8' x 13' mobile Tiki lounge for upcoming gigs... her name is Wilma. West Coast Customs is going to "Pimp Wilma" late this Summer!

Holden

Who's doing the "Tiki Lounge" part of it???

Just curious.

H
hewey posted on Sat, Jul 30, 2005 2:31 AM

Mmmm tiki style milk truck - too cool. CANNOT WAIT to see pics of ths baby!

Ok I am going to put forward a guess as to what the Treasure is....
HHMMMM
Maybe... Just Maybe... The Farm Aquired the site of Danny Balsz once glorious "Tiki's" and is bringing it back to life from a paintball feild to a giant Tiki Oaisis.... Complete with torches, grottos and humongus tikis.....
just a fanciful thought and a reason to go west....
Von Yinzer

If West Coast Customs is pimp'n the ride then they might show it on that custom car show on the discovery (or TLC) channel.

On 2005-07-29 20:20, RevBambooBen wrote:

On 2005-06-08 23:32, smogbreather wrote:

Holden

Who's doing the "Tiki Lounge" part of it???

Just curious.

I found this guy up in Huntington Beach that works his shop on the weekend from then'ish to that'ish that I'm going to use. He has this whacky nickname like Wombat Bob or was it Longduck Dong :) Oh yeah BAMBOO BEN!

Holden, the link seems to be broken. ?

H

On 2005-07-30 14:09, Unga Bunga wrote:
Holden, the link seems to be broken. ?

I just fixed it for him (a pesky "." had gotten in the way). Here it is again:

http://www.tikitreasurehunt.com/

WooHoo!! Soccer Tiki and I have already sailed up and down the coast in search of Dagmar Drinksalot's Hidden Treasures. We are ready for the NEXT Clue :)

WooHoo!! Soccer Tiki and I have discovered Hint #2. We are getting ready to set sail to find #3 :)

OK HOlden......This is tough!!!! Has Anyone found the treasure yet?
SoccerTiki

Is there anyone else looking for the treasure?????

M
Moki posted on Wed, Aug 3, 2005 12:08 PM

The first clue is on on the back cover of Tiki Magazine which just came out. Unless you were at the release party on Saturday to get a copy, you'll have to wait until your subscription arrives in the mail.

Not too many actually have a copy yet. I'm sure that once the issue arrives in mailboxes, the hunt will pick up to a furious pace.

Good luck everybody!!! Keep us posted on your finds :wink:

DZ

I'm a bit confused about this. I've got Tiki Mag #2 (thanks, whoever left it behind on Saturday :wink: )I've found a number of 'clues' on the back cover, but - now what? The clues don't really tell me anything. Are they clues to a location? A person? Am I s'posed to go somewhere and look for more clues? Am I s'posed to take these clues and somehow find the trasure? Am I s'posed to wait until "Clue #2" comes out? How many clues are there going to be? Do we need all the clues to find the treasure? Is there more than one treasure? I've been to the website a number of times and have found a connection between the two, but it doesn't really go anywhere. This is waaaaay to vague for me... If anyone else has figured it out (not what the clues are - I've done that) but what we're s'posed to do with the clues, please PM me!

Woo Hoo Dr.Z!!! You've already fond the prize LOL I bet that Magazine was left by Sperm Whale & Wale Rider :) Soccer Tiki and I had picked up a extra copy for them at Tiki Ti.

Hmmm....I'm probably as far as Dr Z, but not as far as WooHoo. It IS confusing.

Granted, I haven't seen any of the actual clues, but I'm confused enough by the preamble on the website. Is any of that info pertinent to the hunt? Is it intentionally written circularly? I suppose there's a possibility that these are not discrepencies, but red herrings. Solving a mystery involves deductive reasoning and so a few things have me puzzled:

Being as how Dagmar is a female name, is he a transexual or traveling in drag? Does this have anything to do with his "funny ways while imbibing"?

If a ship runs ashore, doesn't that mean it's on land or at least in shallow water? How then did it sink?

And if it ran aground, wouldn't it have done so bow first? How then could it have sunk bow first? Assuming it did slide back into deeper water, wouldn't it have done so stern first, after taking on water in the lower decks (and thereby completely submerging Dagmar)? Or did it back into the shore? This sinking sounds a lot like the Titanic, but the physics don't quite match up.

Is a "pension" for rum anything like a "penchant"?

And are the extra and/or missing letters in the text clues?

Or am I just thinking more than is actually required?

WOO HOOO! WOOO HOOO! Soccer Tiki and I found the Booty!!! Good Luck to the Rest of You in Search of it too! Woo Hoo!!! :)

Soccer Tiki and I sailed up and down the coast for the past 120 hours before we found it :) Woo Hoo!!

WooHooWahine and Soccer Tiki are great sleuths! After working the first clues from the Tiki Farm website, I asked to join in on their search for the treasure, since our ideas seemed on the same path. They did all the legwork, but I helped locate clues online and offered leads and ideas. They shared in their findings and discovered the booty!! It wasn't easy and took alot of time and searching. Thanks for letting me join in on the fun and victory, WHW and ST!!! And I don't even know either of you!!! Don't you love this TC ohana! Trusting and honest!

Mahalo!
Myke

DZ

PJ - the website and the Tiki Mag "clue(s)" are rife with misspellings, bad grammar and other things that simply don't make sense. But apparently WooHoo Wahine spent FIVE days (120 hours = 5 days) looking for the treasure(?) even though the clue had only available for 1 day at that point and they found it? Or maybe they found another clue? Or who knows what? WTF?? This thing is getting more convoluted, more confusing and much less interesting by the minute.

Dr.Z ~ There is still more booty to find for 17 more Treasure Hunters. The map on the back of the magazine is just one of the clues, there's still other locations that you must visit to find the booty. Don't Give Up!! (You're on Summer Vacation you have all the time in the world :)) WooHoo and Good Luck!!!!

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2005-08-04 07:31 ]

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2005-08-04 07:32 ]

DR Z- Come on....Give WooHoo a break! (You know she's a kindergarten teacher!) It was more like 32 hours, not 120! LOL! Actually we haven't heard back from Holden yet and there may be others who have found the booty as well.....I guess we have to wait to hear....Keep looking. The first clue is located....well, let's just say that you need to physically go to a location on the map on the back of Tiki Magazine to find the first clue. AND...We spent a lot of time outside searching for clues that were on the internet...You CAN figure it out....Each clue leads to the next. We've had a lot of fun coming up with this and look forward to the next!!!
Bye the way, thanks again for the great party!!! You are the consummate host! And welcome to the 40's!!!!!
SoccerTiki

I have yet to actually see the first clue on the back cover of the new Tiki Magazine. My investigation of finding clues started with the two documents from Holden.. his email to announce the commencement of the Treasure Hunt, and the posting on the Tiki Farm website. There is really important information in these documents which lead me to the same conclusions as the clue on the back cover of the magazine (though the magazine clue, I understand, was a bit more specific and precise). Soccer Tiki and WooHooWahaine let me join their search (after they already had both the first and second clues) only because I proved to them that I deducted the same information from Holden's two documents.

So, don't wait for the magazine to start your hunt for the Treasure! The magazine clue will solidify the location and send you off to search for the second one, etc...

Myke

So, am I correct in assuming that you need to live in, or have access to a physical location somewhere south of the Canadian border? I'd just like to know so I don't waste my time on something I have no way of completing.

T

What TIKIWAHINE said. And how does one subscribe to Tiki Magazine (is there a web site?).

Yes, there is a website:

http://www.tikimag.net/

I subscribed, but I haven't gotten my copy yet...

Man Dr. Z... bad grammar. If it's there, it's a result of a horrific schedule (although I am aging and my brain atrophies daily)...I miss the hunt. 3 PEOPLE HAVE WON!!
LOVE,
Holden

Holden Westland
Tiki Farm
"Purveyors of Polynesian Pop Culture"
http://www.tikifarm.com

[ Edited by: smogbreather 2005-08-05 00:08 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 147 replies