Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

June 25, 2005: Kansas City Tiki Party

Pages: 1 5 replies

This Tiki Party will be held in Kansas City, Missouri on Saturday night June 25, 2005. The party will feature a screened in porch that has recently been converted into a fully-stocked Tiki bar and an outdoor sand dance floor surrounded by torches and everything Tiki. This posting is for anyone who is interested in Tiki and who lives near KC.....if you are interested in attending the party, email me at [email protected]

We'd love to attend; a roadtrip to KC is always welcome...but, I have to photograph at a convention in Tulsa that weekend. I see you have one post; please tell us all a bit about yourself.

K

I live up in the northland and had almost lost hope of finding other tikiphiles in the metro area.

8T

Welcome to the newbies in the KC area. Yes, there are a few of us out here but not that many. Please tell us about yourselves and your introduction to tiki.

Holy Tiki huhu! I had no idea that I would get any responses. The Tiki party is still on for Sat. June 25. Time: after the sun goes down and it cools off a bit. The party is outside.
I got interested in Tiki during my trip to LA compliments of Taschen books. I met Sven Kirsten and had the pleasure of going to the Tiki Ti. My friends and I are completely obsessed now. The tiki items are flowing in as people hear about our obsessions....Anyone with a tiki interest is welcome to the party.
Since I haven't been checking my email too often recently, I'll post the address of the party here (I apologize if this message is late!):
5408 Virginia Avenue
Kansas City, MO 64110
Tiki attire is preferred. There will be a selection of floral clips that will be given to the women. Liquor will be provided, but as with all parties, any small gift will be appreciated. I have no idea how big this will be.
If anyone needs more info or directions, you can call 816.472.5537

The party is called Night of Tiki HuHu. Huhu will be explained later.

[ Edited by: stellabelle on 2005-06-22 15:48 ]

K

I was introduced to the tiki culture in my youth, like many others I'm sure, at Disneyland and the Enchanted Tiki Room. My grandparents fostered the interest with stories and knick knacks from their travels to Hawaii. My tiki interest became an obsession with a trip to the Mai Kai last year.

I live in a small apartment now, so no tiki bar/lounge for me, but my bathroom has been transformed into a tiki getaway.

I may not be knowledable about alot of the tiki culture (whos who, history, etc.) but my appreciation of it is on par with any other true tikiphile.

Pages: 1 5 replies