Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Post Tiki Stock (U.K.)

Pages: 1 4 replies

Had a blast: met some nice, like-minded people, who may or may not join Tiki Central, saw some incredibly wacky hula dancing, & was able to babble on about tiki in a town where that isnt' always possible!

Woody: I hope you & Jo were able to make it home safely & w/out much delay. Thanks for organising. It was great to meet other members of the Trader Woody clan.

Eagerly Awaiting the Pics,
Tiki Chris

lucky blighters, unfortunatly I had too deal with over 750 under-18 nu-metal/spooky kids and junior goths when I should have been in london, but the weekend before halloween is one of our busiest times in the heavy metal hell that is my work.

atomictonytiki:

if, by chance, you do find yourself w/ an opportunity to come down & explore the polynesian wonders of london, let me know:

[email protected]

maybe we could hang at say, trader vic's or south london pacific, or both!

take care,
chris

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris on 2002-10-28 10:39 ]

Okay, so where are the photos?

Yep, it all went pretty well, I thought.

We kicked off the afternoon at Chez Tiki Chis & Emi's, with a viewing of 'The Air Conditioned Eden', accompanied by a terrific spread of extraordinarily tasty food, washed down with strong Kentish farm cider. We were having such a good time that it was actually a bit of a wrench to actually get up and go to Tiki Stock. So, thanks folks for your top-notch hospitality.

Tiki Stock itself was a whole lot of fun, with a combination of new and known faces.
The drink of choice was a toss-up between the Golden Colada and the Mango Mojito,
and we managed to down a fair number of the course of the evening. Astonishingly, nobody disgraced themselves, so Trader Vic would have been proud of us. A great night, damn fine, interesting people, and a lot of fun had by all. Thanks to everyone who made it such fun.

The next day we had to brave the storms to get home, so the difference between the
'Could do with being air-conditioned Eden' that was TikiStock, and the worst storm in Britain for years was quite something. A fallen branch had given a little kid a nasty head wound just ahead of where we were walking, so perhaps it wasn't too wise to be outside. I even got a cut lip from a leaf blown at force! We made it safely home,though.

The pics will be posted 'soon', though you know how long that may be..........

Trader Woody

Pages: 1 4 replies