Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Mug Help?

Pages: 1 11 replies

Any info on this one??

Moochose grassyass.

Looks like Tiki Farm's "Dental Tiki"
Mine is yellow, crazed and has a handle.

BTW, if it doesn't have any marking of Tiki Farm on the bottom, I'd get a hold of the fellows at the Farm just in case it's a rip-off.

(however, this one has more detail than mine, which is probably unusual for a rip-off)

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine on 2005-06-05 22:35 ]

Tikiwahine's right. That thar be a Tiki Farmer.

T

That's not just any Tiki Farm mug. it's one of the first ever produced, before they changed the color and added the handle. A real collector's item! That's a keeper!

Well then! I love the colour and the detail!
Great mug!

On 2005-06-06 11:37, tikigreg wrote:
That's not just any Tiki Farm mug. it's one of the first ever produced, before they changed the color and added the handle. A real collector's item! That's a keeper!

Aloha Tiki Greg-

So what do you think it's value is?

( I heard through the underground tiki mug black market that it might just be the first Tiki Farm Mug ever made. It was dropped on my doorstep many moons ago with a bunch of biz cards stuffed inside)

T

Hey Ben,
The value on this dental Tiki is a bit hard to determine. Most people wouldn't realize how rare it is, so ebay might not be the best place to sell it, if that's your interest. I think an avid mug collector would be very interested in it, so maybe taking offers? Hey, if Uncle Arty can get $129 for a relatively available Mondo mug, you can figure someone would be willing to pay a pretty penny for a piece of modern tiki mug history!

S

On 2005-06-07 03:59, tikigreg wrote:
Hey, if Uncle Arty can get $129 for a relatively available Mondo mug, you can figure someone would be willing to pay a pretty penny for a piece of modern tiki mug history!

Hey now! That's not just ANY Mondo Mug, it was nurtured and cared for by Uncle Arty!

Ben, I agree with Tikigreg. I'd hang on to that guy for a while until "The Book of Tiki Farm" is published. :wink:

I ran the #'s today on Handled & Non-Handled Dental. Here's what our receipt records showed (we have a history of every receipt to-date but our sales history deletes out after 2 fiscal years)...
Dental Pale Lime Green: 1 each (our 1st mug)
Purple Dental Tiki Mug: 17 each
Handled Dental Tiki in a Crazing Yellow Glaze: Around 700 or so (final # to be determined after I want to count)
Ben don't sell it but give it back to me because I don't have it - gave most of the earliest ones away to friends.
Holden

[ Edited by: smogbreather on 2005-06-09 22:27 ]

"Purple Dental Tiki Mug: 17 each"

1/17 of the Second Tiki Farm Mug ever made?

I think I will keep it in the safe.

Just testing the Tiki Mug waters.

Smoggy, we sell it 20 years from now. Beer money!, during retirement!!

Got another one I need help on but Shitterfly is jacking me around and won't let me post pics. ARRRRRR!!

T

Looks like Ben and I have more in common now. Just picked this up in an estate sale.

Time to start the Tiki Farm Vintage Collectors Forum.

On 2005-12-20 14:09, tikigreg wrote:
Looks like Ben and I have more in common now. Just picked this up in an estate sale.

Time to start the Tiki Farm Vintage Collectors Forum.

I will gladly pay you $20 for that mug! I didn't save one :(
Holden

Just be a good person and live your life graciously. Oh and by the way... Tiki rules!

[ Edited by: smogbreather 2005-12-20 22:06 ]

Pages: 1 11 replies