Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Hooptylau 2005 will be on October 15th!

Pages: 1 38 replies

aloha everyone!

Hooptylau will be held on September 17th this year.

this is just a save the date post. in case you have never heard of the hooptylau here is a link to last years posts:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=11033&forum=4

&

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=11639&forum=4

we will have more info later on down the road. the only thing i can tell you for sure is we will have one additional stop this year. we will be stopping at jungle traders pad AKA Trader's Treehouse. a fine outdoor drinking venue lemme tell ya!

anyhoo i hope to have all the details worked out this month. so keep on the look out for them in the coming weeks.

mahalo,
dh

don't let the bus leave without me!

edited subject line

[ Edited by: the drunken hat 2005-08-17 11:43 ]

[ Edited by: the drunken hat 2005-08-19 20:54 ]

At last! An event I can attend!

Yay!

M

This event should be a blast!!!! ZAZZ!

Soccer Tiki and I have marked it on our Tiki Calendar already. Woo Hoo!! :)

M

Finally I have an excuse to go and hang with our Central Valley folk.

Lets hope that the stars stay in alignment for me.....

The first one was great.
This one will even be better.

T

Yahoooooo!!!!!!!!!Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, we will be there. :wink:

tikivixen

p.s. Maybe the awesome Modesto A&W would like to sponsor the event!?! Even though I'm sorry they don't have Papa/Mama/Baby burgers anymore though...

H

Hells yeah! Hooptylau is a blast. Count us in! I can't wait to introduce Hanford to the best Oyster Beef in the Inland Bay area.

OYSTER BEEF?!

Uhh hey Jungle Trader. Like they say, if it's not a real treehouse, you shouldn't be advertising as such big guy.

WELL Mr. Hurricane man, for a new guy you got a lotta guts to challenge me. For one, my bar, Trader's Treehouse, IS upstairs, you know, like a real treehouse maybe. Okay it's not quite ready to entertain yet either but maybe by Sept. The real show is in the backyard. Now why don't you just go back under a rock over there in Fla. where you belong tough guy.

On 2005-06-09 23:14, Jungle Trader wrote:
WELL Mr. Hurricane man, for a new guy you got a lotta guts to challenge me. For one, my bar, Trader's Treehouse, IS upstairs, you know, like a real treehouse maybe. Okay it's not quite ready to entertain yet either but maybe by Sept. The real show is in the backyard. Now why don't you just go back under a rock over there in Fla. where you belong tough guy.

HEY, no fighting on TC-why don't you two just 'leaf' each other alone! he he

Ohhh I get it, it's all in fun. I hope newbie's are welcome at this Hooptylau.

It's cool Hurricane. We hope to see as many newbies as possible. We're looking to get a big bus this year.

Here's a big wet kiss for you Mr. Hurricane. :lol:

S

I'm in negotiations with the mrs. as we speak.
Aint we sposed to call it the Inland Bay Area ? or something more expensive than Central Valley?

Bring it on Yo!
Although I think a we should all pile in a puke green 74 cadillac with a Bub Rub whistle thing jammed in the muffler. Now that's Hoopty! whoo-whoo.
Cmon Seamus get the missus in the car and I will buy you guys a chicken wing at the KFC.
Man, I hope I can get parole in time!
Chongolio CB40

Treehouse or not - I hope to be swinging from vine to vine.

M

On 2004-10-08 13:27, thejab wrote:
I just booked a room at the Best Western Town House Lodge. It's only 2 blocks from Minnie's and the Cracklet Motel.

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=05063

Is this the one where Martiki stayed also? Is this the official Hooptylau motel--or is it the Blue Light Cemetary motel in Ripon!?!?! :wink:

aloha,

well i've been trying to avoid this but.....hooptylau will be postponed by at least one week but more likely until mid october.

for those who don't know i have to go in for surgery on my neck. i have a herniated disk and i am going to have a fusion done. i have waited for over a month to get a surgery date and finally found out it will be the second of september.

i think that only giving myself 2 weeks of recovery prior to the event is a stretch. so instead of a last minute cancellation i would rather postpone.

i apologize to everyone and don't worry hoopty will still happen!

May you have a fast recovery.

Mid-october works well for me! Thank goodness you the doctors finally set a date for you!

See you this weekend!

Mid October may be a good time for a road trip... If there's anymore room on the bus?

Take care and heal fast!

Aloha,

M

Sept. 24 is a no go for us- mid october sounds good!

Are the doctors going to make you bionic? Cause that would be hella rad.

M

On 2005-08-17 18:53, martiki wrote:
!

Have them make your legs and liver bionic. That way you can outrun the bus AND drink us under the table. The table where OYSTAH BEEF is served, that is!! :)

On 2005-08-18 09:51, mrsmiley wrote:

On 2005-08-17 18:53, martiki wrote:
!

Have them make your legs and liver bionic. That way you can outrun the bus AND drink us under the table. The table where OYSTAH BEEF is served, that is!! :)

the bionic liver would be cool as hell! but wouldn't it be better to outrun the OYSTAH BEEF?

stay tuned an announcement will come later about hooptylau!

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.