Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

NW Tiki Crawl '05 attendance list

Pages: 1 27 replies

Tikiwahine & DrunkenMunky

See that wasn't so hard now was it!!

I of course will be in attendence as I am helping arrange this train wre.... - I mean wonderful event!

See you all in 11 days - good tickets still available for the Midget Fighting Team vs. the Tiger Death match on Saturday!!

[ Edited by: Maori_man on 2005-06-06 22:05 ]

H

Hanford & Humu will be there! This time, I'm gonna make it to Voodoo Donut, hopefully. Monica is also going to try to come down for one day.

D

my lovely husband, Todd and i will be there!

mmmmmmmaple bacon bar...

M

Tip of the Day:
If you like fresh oysters you should pay a visit to Dan and Louie's Oyster Bar. They go well with Nyquil Glazed and pepto-bismol doughnuts (currently on hold). And Voodoo Doughnuts is only a few blocks away!

T
thejab posted on Tue, Jun 7, 2005 3:23 PM

Dan and Louis' is at the top of my list for a visit.

Here's my rough intinerary:

Arrive Thursday night. Check-in to Jupiter and head straight for the bar.

Friday:
Shopping in the day with stops at various bars.
Luncheon at the Georgian Room in Meier and Frank's downtown.
Dinner at Dan and Louis' Oyster House.
Party at tikimaxton's!
After-party at Jupiter?

Saturday:
Drive out to Safari Club in Escada. I called them and they're still open at 11AM daily.
Crawl!

Sunday:
Home bar tour!
Cocktails at the Driftwood Lounge followed by a leisurely dinner at Ringside steakhouse.

I leave Portland on Monday morning.

I decide to rent a car for some shopping and the day trip, but will be taking trains and cabs at night.

If anyone wants to join me on the Safari Club trip let me know on Friday at tikimaxton's.

I may not have time for a donut but I think there's time for a donut hole!

[ Edited by: thejab on 2005-06-07 15:27 ]

M

On 2005-06-07 15:23, thejab wrote:

I may not have time for a donut but I think there's time for a donut hole!

[ Edited by: thejab on 2005-06-07 15:27 ]

Jab! Keep it clean - this is a family establishment!!!

If'n you all like the Seafoods especially steamer Clams? Try Pal's Shanty on Sandy Blvd right before NE 47th. Good seafood and the Primo Chowder on Fridays and Saturdays is to kill for!

In the next day or so there will be a Portland guide available for download from the website in .pdf format - "Things to do in Portland when you're not hanging out in tiki bars". Safari club is included. I forgot Voodoo donut, but I'll include it next year...

W

I'll be selling at the Alibi. As for the later on, not so sure as Parade Magazine is holding a mayonaise taste off that night and Sheila Lukins wants me to be a judge. (I wrote their popular colum "White Food Is All Right Food!" for a couple years before it was replaced with "Do TheTastebud Salsa!")

P

Selector Lopaka & Puamana will be there !

I can't make it to the crawl, but be sure to congratulate the new Mr. and Mrs. Tikivixen for me!

(Apologize if I'm letting the Cat out of the bag ... Meow! :wink: )

Mr. Sparklegem and I will be at all the events this year and we will debut our home bar on the tour.

I have been laughing for the past few days because of inquiries I've received. Let me straighten things out for you all. I did not marry Tikivixen. Thanks for the entertainment, though. I am still smiling at the confusion. I will miss you guys, have a blast at the Crawl!

We will miss you, too Mr. Smiley!!

S

Of course, I will be there, with my lovely wife Jauna, and will be selling my wares at the fabulous Alibi!
The Safari Club is tempting, but since I grew up in Estacada, and spent many late nights after school dances and football games eating french fries and staring at those mounts, I'm not sure I want to spoil the memories with the harsh light of present day reality.
See you all there!

Mr. and Mrs. tiki-riviera will be attending for the first time. I know we're late to the party, but can anyone recommend a hotel that's within stumbling distance of the Alibi?

S

Read last years thread on this crawl before proceeding, but The Palms is right across the street. Lot's of us are staying at the Jupiter Hotel(Official Crawl Hotel), and it is annexed with the Doug Fir Lounge where saturday nights "official" after hrs party is reportedly taking place.

I'll be there with bells on, joined by hottie-wonder-girl DG, a
visting friend Chris (for Friday nite and Saturday), and local eBook author Julie (Sunday).

Can't wait for the fun!!
See you all there! :D

Melissa and Curt from Seattle will be there. We are staying at the Jupiter and are looking foreword to meeting all fellow tiki lovers!

++++++++++
http://labyrinth13.com/Sailor%20Curt/PP_Surfing_Photos.htm
http://www.labyrinth13.com/62Falcon/
http://labyrinth13.com/Sailor%20Curt/PP_Surfing_SailorCurt.htm

[ Edited by: Sailor Curt on 2005-06-12 07:35 ]

I am a Tiki Oasis Ulumni (palm springs)and can't wait for NW Tiki Crawl. It is also my birthday weekend so I couldn't ask for better plans. Portland needs more Tiki awareness !! See you all there !!

C'mon folks - I know more of you are coming to party then this! Don't be afraid, step right up - print your name on the dotted line!

Or on the other hand - be afraid be very afraid. Just keep telling yourself, it's only a Mai tai, it's only a Mai tai............

T

Where's Mig? I thought he was going?

Monkeyskull is staying at the Jupiter. It looks pretty swell.

P.S. My car has room for one passenger and extra bag. E-mail me if you need a ride from the Seattle area. I plan to leave early Friday afternoon and return Monday afternoon.

On 2005-06-11 13:21, seamus wrote:
Read last years thread on this crawl before proceeding, but The Palms is right across the street. Lot's of us are staying at the Jupiter Hotel(Official Crawl Hotel), and it is annexed with the Doug Fir Lounge where saturday nights "official" after hrs party is reportedly taking place.

My boss was wearing a cool doug fir t-shirt the other day, they stayed at the Jupiter a few weeks ago when they went to Portland for a photo shoot. He said it was a cool hotel, now I KNOW it's cool :wink:
Have fun - the Pineapple-Bots will be at home, getting the baby room ready!

Hey Maori Man,
Remember last year when we talking about some superhero glass collectables (DC characters, I believe) and you mentioned some you're still looking for? If you still are and you can describe them for me I'll try to dig out my old box of these glasses from the crypt below the house and see if I have 'em for ya.

You can reach me more quickly/directly at [email protected]

Check out the big brain on Monkey Skull! I plum forgot!! I just e-mailed you about it. See you in two days!!

RB

Rum Balls will be there all three days! :drink:

N

Nicktiki will be there Sat. and Sun.

Pages: 1 27 replies