Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Bay Area Tiki Stores - anyone? anyone?

Pages: 1 5 replies

K

And yes, I searched :wink:

I'm kind of in a bind, timewise, for my tiki-esque wedding... are there any stores in the Bay Area that would have tiki related...cake toppers and that type of thing? Time is of the essense, so shopping online is a possibility; ideally I'd like to find a place that has a nice selection of any tiki stuff. There are stores that have a few tiki items, but I'd like to find something...more.

Recommendations more than welcome! The wedding's in about 2 weeks at one of the Trader Vic's out here. I planned the wedding around the Trader Vic's location, actually :wink:

T

Are you talking about cheap "party store tiki" or "real tiki"? Any party store like Party America will carry the cheap stuff. For better stuff, maybe call up Tiki Farm and ask who their dealers are in this area.

T

This is a great Hawaiian store in San Jose
http://www.sunjose.com/

Also, there is a Hawaiian store on Stevens Creek Blvd. across the street from the Vallco shopping center in Cupertino.

Congrats on the wedding and have fun!

If you can't find exactly what you are looking for in the greater
Bay Area, you might contact "Sitting in Paradise" in Sacramento.
Christine or Scott, the owners, have been working with aloha / hawaiian
/ tiki merchandise for over 8 years and has lots of contacts all over.
Their store carries lots of decorative stuff, candles, etc, and they
are darn close to the Bay Area.

Good Luck!

thank you so much guys for posting replies here. I'll check out as many of the locations you've all mentioned if there's time. And if pics turn out well, I may post 'em :wink: (if there's interest, of course)

You might also want to focus on getting nice flowers, TV's has some pretty good tiki stuff in house :wink:

We ordered traditional wedding lei's shipped overnight from Hawaii, they are really beautiful and add a nice touch.

http://www.alohafriendsluau.com/Hawaii_wedding.html

Check also Hilo Hattie online for traditional Hawaiian wedding jackets shirts and dresses. I know they have a wedding section.

Good luck and have a lovely wedding!
mrs. pineapple

Pages: 1 5 replies