Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Pacific Islander Festival at the Aquarium of the Pacific June 11-12

Pages: 1 11 replies

Saturday, June 11 & Sunday, June 12 the Aquarium of the Pacific is having a
Pacific Islander Festival with music and dance. No tiki carving but maybe someone can sneek a log in.
The show is free with admission ($18.95) to the aquarium.

I'm not sure what day Lady Velour and I will be going but we will be there.

[ Edited by: johnnievelour on 2005-06-07 18:02 ]

Woo Hoo! Sounds like fun. Soccer Tiki and I might have to check it out. The Entertainment Book has a coupon for addmission to the aquarium. :)

R

The Aquarium of the Pacific is an excellent place to go. As a SCUBA instructor, it is nice to be able to go see the fishes and animals of the local Pacific waters when conditions don't allow for actual diving, as well as, seeing the beautiful tropical animals of Palau that I wish were right out my doorstep. Last year, they had a "Polynesian Theme" for the whole summer. I'm sure that this event will be well presented, if only for a weekend.

Johnnie, let me know when you and Lady Velour will be going. I have a membership there so I would love to meet up with you guys. My only conflict is Sunday after 3pm or so, when my friend from Maui is playing in El Segundo. (see thread at: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=15002&forum=4&3 )

Hope to see lots of TCer's there.

H

I have never been there wouldnt mind going sometime, maybe on Saturday? in the afternoon anyone else???

H

Oops just remembered can't do it this Saturday have other plans. However Sunday maybe?

We will be at the aquarium on Sunday at noon.

Rittide - Lady V and I also have a membership. We live so close, walking distance. We try to go as often as we can. It will be great to meet you.

What a perfect excuse to go to the aquarium! Tiki Bird & I will see you there!

hmmmm.... I haven't visited the fishes in quite a while.....

I'm in!

C U All there!!!

H

We won't be able to stay for long, but we're going to try to swing by tomorrow, 'round noonish. See you then!

H

Can't make it afterall see you all next time.

H

Finally getting to my picture backlog! We only had a short bit of time to spend at the Aquarium, but we really enjoyed it.

http://photo.humuhumu.com/v/aquariumpacific/

Highlights:

Hula dancers:

We found ourselves surrounded by a troupe of hottentots... er, Cub Scouts:

I tried (and failed) to get a decent picture of the flounder:

This lobster was alarmingly huge:

I'm not sure why they had birds at the aquarium, but they were my favorite part. Here's ladyvelour, all the birds suddenly appeared when she was near:

This moai is at the aquarium year-round, not just for the Pacific Islander festival:

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

[ Edited by: Humuhumu 2005-09-23 14:57 ]

Pages: 1 11 replies