Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Please help...can't access private messages

Pages: 1 10 replies

S

Can any of you computer saavy folks help out? Everytime I click on any of the private message icons, it bumps me back to login.When I login again it keeps sending me back to login without logging in. Whatup?

[Edited by hanford to fix the subject line]

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2005-06-07 20:57 ]

S

"personal" message; not "private" message. Apparantly I have one but cannot access it. Thanks.

H

It's pretty hard to troubleshoot without being there at your computer, since it's gotta be a problem with your computer config. The login requires cookies to be working, make sure cookies are turned on, and also make sure your computer's clock has the right date & time (cookies are time-based).

S

what's weird is I'm logged in enough to post, just not enough to get to messages. My screen says I'm logged in. Maybe one of my tubes is burned out or my boiler is low on steam [that's how much I know about computers]

If TC says you're logged in (at the top right) then try this link:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewpmsg.php

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2005-06-07 21:04 ]

S

TC says I'm logged in but when I click that link it takes me to the login page. I'm sorry for the bother...I'll just let it go. If anyone tried to send me a personal message, just email me instead [email protected] Thanks y'all

If you're using AOL:

1. Log on to AOL like normal
  2. Minimize your AOL browser (the "_" button in the upper-right of the window).
  3. Click on the Internet Explorer icon and use Microsoft's browser to continue with your online browsing.

this should help you out....

~Hanford

S

Thanks Hanford ! That totally worked #^%%$$#$^% AOL. I only got it because my kid was in jr. high and I wanted "parental controls". I need to dump AOL ASAP.

TD

THANK YOU that worked TD

T

On 2005-06-07 22:11, hanford_lemoore wrote:
If you're using AOL:

1. Log on to AOL like normal
  2. Minimize your AOL browser (the "_" button in the upper-right of the window).
  3. Click on the Internet Explorer icon and use Microsoft's browser to continue with your online browsing.

this should help you out....

~Hanford

I love your directions Hanford. They're like, "To make a Mai Tai: First, take your bottle of Bacardi and pour it down the drain. Next..."

I love your directions Hanford. They're like, "To make a Mai Tai: First, take your bottle of Bacardi and pour it down the drain. Next..."

:lol:

Pages: 1 10 replies