Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Aloha from Hawaii

Pages: 1 23 replies

Aloha,
For anybody who is interested, Here is a link to some pics I took on the islands:

http://homepage.mac.com/chongolio/PhotoAlbum5.html

I am having an unreal time, hopefully gonna get some surf today! Bummed I couldn't get over to visit with Gecko, but there is always the next trip!
Aloha,
Chongolio

Aloha Chongo!
Watch out for falling coconuts!
Some of those photos look like there right out of a professional book.
I see your kickin ass on your new Mac.
Wish I was in Hawaii right now.
Cheers!

Aloha to you to Chongolio.
Thanks for the pics.

P
pablus posted on Wed, Jun 8, 2005 1:20 PM

Don't make me come over there and kick your ass.
grumblegrumble.

Hey, go say "Hi" to Raymond Rapozo.
He makes Island Ukes. Lives near Kapaa. Nice guy.
Bring me back some pakalolo and I'll forgive you for posting all of those great shots...

...in time.

WOW! Thanks for posting those pics! OH MY TIKI! They ARE GORGEOUS!

I wish I were you. Im so jealous. BAH! lol!

Have a great time cutie! :D

I've only been to Hawaii once, Mr. Pineapple took me a few months after we started dating, and yes, we did fall in looooove there :wink: Thanks for posting these pictures, I forgot how beautiful it is, and the chickens on Kauai crack me up!

I WANT TO GO BACK.....
mrs. pineapple

PI

We're going there for our honeymoon, which isn't until next year.

So beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

T

Great memories Chongo!

You've sure got the artist's eye.

D

wow, great pics!
having a great time, wish i were there!

The mighty Chongo does Hawaii! Have a great time. I say you should contact Getty Images or Tony Stone with those pics when you get back home.

C

Thanks for looking folks. I got give the little pentax Optimo credit for the great pics. It's the same camera that Martiki and Mai Tai have. It really is takes awesome shots and is very easy to use. (on sale it Costco for around $300.00)
Off to luau tonight :D and then back home tomorrow :(
I will try and get another page of pics up tonight. Today was spent on a shady lanai recovering from to much sun and rum.

Aloha,
Chongolio the crisp.

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

Come explore http://www.lost-isle.com

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2005-06-09 19:30 ]

Chong
Looks like times are tough......
I like your shots too! We think alike! At least when it comes to pics and Stickers!

In joy.
Baribault Creationz!

I am glad you are having a great time!! I really like your pics also!! I will be Oahu next week!!

R

On 2005-06-09 21:01, The Sperm Whale wrote:
I will be Oahu next week!!

What are you this week? Rhode Island?
Spermy, you truly are a Master of Disguise.

N

Chongo,

Cool Pics. You gotta love Kauai. Last time I was there was my honeymoon. By any chance did you get to Duke's around sunset, very cool view. I could not believe how many chickens that were there.

Nicktiki

Oooh, while I'm thinking of it: if you find the Luau or the Hotel Lanai with tiki pole supports from Lilo & Stitch, could you take a picture? The Luau had thatch roofed covered table areas with a Tiki pole support holding up the ridgepole at either end. The Hotel Lanai had thinner tiki poles spaced around it supporting the wood/bamboo lattice that supported strings of lanterns (I can't remember if the lanterns were paper or tiki lanterns).

Here is another round of pics:

http://homepage.mac.com/chongolio/PhotoAlbum6.html

Sad to say we are headin' back to the mainland in a few hours. :(

I did pick up a local paper for the ride home so I can peruse the help wanted ads on the plane.

Sorry, FF. I didn't have time to search for the place you talking about.

Aloha oe,

Chongolio

Ah come on.
As much as I kove the pics, you couldn't find one Tiki? :)

Well back home in the cold and fog :(
regarding lack of tiki shots, sadly I didn't see very many good ones. Mostly the touristy looking stuff. There was a good sized one at the airport and a fairly big plastic one at the luau, but for the most part I didn't come across to many that I wanted pics of.
Pablus, I heard about Raymond Rapoza from a couple of the Music shops I went into. I didn't get to stop by his shop though or get to admire any of his ukes. There just was not enough time. Having to share our one rental car with a bunch of girls on a shopping mission kind of left me high and dry, but I am not complaining. Lanakia Ukes were definately being represented in the music shops on Kauai.
I am already planning my next trip

Chongolio

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

Come explore http://www.lost-isle.com

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2005-06-11 16:00 ]

On 2005-06-10 12:45, Chongolio wrote:

I did pick up a local paper for the ride home so I can peruse the help wanted ads on the plane.

.is someone thinking of moving to the islands??

On 2005-06-08 13:20, pablus wrote:

Lives near Kapaa.

" is it Kapaa or Kapa' a'a' ah' a!!? "

(sorry but Nic Cage rocks!!)

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.