Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Californians, a scotch question

Pages: 1 9 replies

Is Chivas Regal available in California in
1/0 Pint miniatures? The OLCC does not sell these in Oregon and I am trying to round some up for an event.

P

I believe it is. Not everywhere, but several liquor stores carry large varieties of miniatures. At Hi Times in Costa Mesa you can get even rarer single malts in miniature. I am pretty sure I have seen Chivas miniatures at some of them.

M
Moki posted on Wed, Jun 8, 2005 3:26 PM

Beverages & More has them on their webpage.
BevMo.com

Don't know how many you need. But at $4.29 a pop, they could blow your event budget.

Good luck!

H

As PiPhiRho suspected, Hi Time Wine has them. They are "only" $3.49 each plus shipping.
It might be worth asking them if they'll give you some sort of quantity discount.

hitimewine.com

J
JaredB posted on Wed, Jun 8, 2005 6:42 PM

You could also try wine and liquor depot in van nuys. They're one of the better liquor stores in CA and one of the cheapest. I know that have some minis, and they only sell them in packs, not singles so I bet there's a savings there.
http://www.wineandliquordepot.com I think.

They don't have the large inventory that hitimes has, but they have some rare items that even hitimes doesn't carry and they're the only place i've seen beat hi times' prices on most things.

M

Thanks guys for the leads. $3.50 probably is about right for Chivas. I'll be checking.

[ Edited by: mrtikibar on 2005-06-08 18:47 ]

There is still a Liquor Barn in Redding. It's the closest Big hooch outlet to Oregon on I-5

I think Bev-Mo (Beverages and More) had them at Christmas...I love placing them around all the gnomes at New Years, and leaving them where they don't belong...

Does it have to be Chiv? You'd make more friends with Dalwinnie or Ardbeg

M

It involves an annual toast for a departed friend that loved the stuff and got used to Chiv because his dad stocked it in his liquor cabinet. He would have gladly drank Dalwhinnie or Ardbeg though.

[ Edited by: mrtikibar on 2005-06-10 14:17 ]

What a splendid gesture.

They were lucky to have you as a friend.
On Burns Night a simalar toast is done various times. In large groups it's just poured into little plastic cups from large bottles. You can actually get nice disposable cups but it's still not as classy as a wee dram from a wee flaggon.

Slainte

There is a relatively new glass design specifically for a dram of single malt scorth. It is called a Glencairn glass. It is about as tall as a single malt glass with a pedestal base, a rounded bulb at the bottom and narrows to the lip. I have tasted scotch from both a single malt glass and from the newer Glencairn design and the is a definite difference. When sniffing the bouquet from the glencairn you get a much better snse of the complexities and different aromas of the scotch. Even the taste is different. I even tried it with a better blended irish whiskey and got stuff out of it that I had never experiences before.

Pages: 1 9 replies