Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

DC area surf rock

Pages: 1 3 replies

R
rupe33 posted on Wed, Jun 8, 2005 2:38 PM

Hiya...
It's been brought to my attention that there's a surf band or two in the Washington D.C. area. One of them, The Atomic Mosquitos, is playing at Iota in Arlington, VA this Friday. They were supposed to be opening for Webb Wilder, who's sick, so apparently they'll be headlining. You can check out their site here:
http://atomicmosquitos.com/interact.html
They'll also be at Celebrate Fairfax soon as well as the Old Town Theater in Alexandria later in July.

There's a Maryland band too, Monsters from the Surf. Their site here:
http://www.monstersfromthesurf.com/
They have a show in September set up and will be participating in Baltimore's "Night of 100 Elvises" in December.

Am not familiar with these groups yet, but am hoping to catch some shows this summer. If anyone knows their stuff, please let me know what you think!

Cheers,
Rupe

S

rupe,
Thanks for noticing us!
Yeah we've been in the DC area for a few years now.
We're all instro modern/trad surf.
The Monsters have also been here quite a while. They're a cool mix of garage/vocal and surf instro.
There's also a new band in the area called Reverb Galaxy.

We have a new CD out called "Release the Mosquitos".
As you mentioned we're having our CD release party at the Old Town Theater on July 23rd with our friends: the totally rad Hot Rod Surf band from Connecticut, 9th Wave.

Hope to see you there!

E Komo Mai Skeeter,
I remember the Atomic Mosquitos from the Cowabunga forum. You guys sound great and I dig that Skeeter logo the most. Glad you found TC and always good to see another reverb friendly member here at TC.

Chongolio

S

Just a reminder:
Our CD release party is this weekend, Saturday, 23rd
10:00pm At the Old Town Theater, 815 King Street, Alexandria, VA

We'll have:
9th Wave, Hot Rod Surf from Connecticut.
Atomic Mosquitos, Radioactive surf from DC.

PLUS, Monster art show!!
Stephen Blickenstaff (infamous for his Cramps, Bad Music for Bad People cover) will have some of his work to show, and sell!

John Detrich excellent Ed Roth style monster artist will be there with some of his stuff.

Plus we'll have t-shirts and of course CD's for sale as well.

All this in an old vintage movie theater for only $8.

Pages: 1 3 replies