Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Coolest tikis out there!!!!

Pages: 1 18 replies

B

Hey Surfintiki, I think they look pretty good. Is there a way to post the Full picture instead of only the thumbnail? I REALLY Love how you use the rootball for a beard, very different and neat.
Thanks for sharing.

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2005-06-08 18:23 ]

T

If you take the .thumb out of the url, then you can see the full size image.

F

like your style ... r they all palms?

How business?

H
hewey posted on Wed, Jun 8, 2005 11:45 PM

cool work there. Keep em comin

Great work! I'd love to have a few of those in my backyard.........

I will be at the Cruz tiki show in Redando beach Sat the 18th with 40 tikis. Hope to see you all there. They are all palms.

[ Edited by: surfingtiki on 2005-06-14 21:45 ]

They are cool, but they need a lil more work to be as cool as Benzarts or C'Al's. I like the roughed up palm bark for the beard. reminds me of some I saw out in front of Thalia St. Surf

[ Edited by: Tiki Diablo on 2005-06-14 22:04 ]

M

haha..y'all make me laugh @;-)

I was paying the man a compliment on his tikis-the comment about the feet, well, that's just my weird little quirk. And for the record...I'm a dirty girl...donchaknow.

Embrace your dirtiness people. If you're doing your thang right, you should be gettin' filthy! Surfers, carvers, artists, greasers; get yer hands in it...That's my guess what surfingtiki is doing. That's why he gets my props...@;-)

Ben, rock on with your Ape Toe!

[ Edited by: mystiki on 2005-06-18 03:25 ]

TG

[i]On 2005-06-16 01:33, Mystiki wrote:

I said to myself "WTF...why do all these dirty hippie surfer types have to walk around with bare feet all the time?" (I've got this weird thing about seeing other people's feet...don't get me started.)

Maybe because it feels good to him? Who knows....No offense to you seriously, and without getting into a fiasco about this.... I'm just making light of the statement you made in the defense of all surfers involved within Tiki Central who do not consider themselves dirty that happen to walk around barefoot. What????? Just because he's barefoot and surfs, he's dirty? Not all surfers are dirty. I am not dirty and I am a surfer. I also walk around barefoot, but I also own shoes too.

Ask "Lake Surfer" if he's dirty, "Tiki Tony" if he's dirty, "SCtiki" if he's dirty or any of the other surfers on here. I think maybe you have some sort of pent up frustration with surfers for some reason or another to make a bold statement like that. I also think you should offer an apology to "surfintiki" for that comment unless you actually know him and can verify he's actually dirty....

Oh yeah, by the way...I love your 1958 Edsel. very cool!

Peace.

On , wrote:

Chongo is going through "Island Withdrawls."

Welcome Surfingtiki! Cool tikis indeed and there is nothing wrong with having the self confidence and pride to say "coolest ever." However, there are some awesome carvers in this forum who do incredible work and are very humble about it. Many of them are good friends in this tight knit Ohana. When you say "coolest tikis ever", ya better be prepared to get some flak and have thick skin when the spears start flying. Ultimately it is the carver and/or the buyer who is going to consider what is the coolest and each one will give you a different answer to for their definiton of coolest.

Mystiki-You know I dig Jamio's work and we have said hello, but I read your post and I said WTF. I am not one to usually get into a potentialy volatile topic, but your post touches a subject that really irks me. Which is judging somebody by the way they look and the lifestyle they prefer. What if someone was to say something to the effect of "why do all those greasy goth gearhead types have to show dark and evil looking pics of themselves on their websites?" How would you take it? Your statement was uncalled for if taken out of context. (Which is easily done and happens often here on TC.) I hope you were joking around and know Surfingtiki. Otherwise I agree with TikiG, You owe the man an apology. If you don't like his feet dont look at them.

TikiG thanks for sticking up for the barefoot surfing bretheren here on TC. Keep those shoes locked in the closet whenever you can.

Chongolio

Whats the dirtiest part of your body? Some say it´s your toes, some say it´s your nose, but it think it´s your Mind.
....Frank Zappa

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

Come explore http://www.lost-isle.com

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2005-06-16 08:33 ]

that was bizzare?!! How did I quote Chongos post before he posted?

[ Edited by: revbambooben on 2005-06-16 07:34 ]

Ha Ben, no kidding i am hurtin!. I spent way to much time thinking about, writing and editing that post. (which I was doing when you posted. That must be how the quote dissapeared) I better to stick to one liners.
Chongolio

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

Come explore http://www.lost-isle.com

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2005-06-16 07:40 ]

TG

Chongo, I feel better now that I wasn't hung out to dry on this one.....I thought something needed to be said, and you confirmed it.

"Surfing is life, everythig else is just waiting"....

Tiki G.

On 2005-06-16 01:33, Mystiki wrote:

(I've got this weird thing about seeing other people's feet...don't get me started.)

Foot Fetish withdrawls?

I've got Ape Toes! Used to be able to pick up a beer can between my big toe and the one next to it. It's this big gap like I should've had a sixth toe!! My pinky toes curl under the ones next to them too! They are clean though. 2 showers a day.

On 2005-06-16 08:11, RevBambooBen wrote:

On 2005-06-16 01:33, Mystiki wrote:

(I've got this weird thing about seeing other people's feet...don't get me started.)

Foot Fetish withdrawls?

I've got Ape Toes! Used to be able to pick up a beer can between my big toe and the one next to it. It's this big gap like I should've had a sixth toe!! My pinky toes curl under the ones next to them too! They are clean though. 2 showers a day.

To much detail brutha! :D

I'm a dirtbag surfer who wishes that I can cruise around with no shoes on. Unfortunately, it is too cold and I will get froze toes. By the way I scored some fun waves at the Lane this morning with only 3 other guys out. It was inconsistent, but my patience was worth it.

TG

SC, didn't mean to drag you into this, but I knew you surfed from reading your post and thought you might get a kick out of this statement. Glad you scored some juice at Steamer...cold toes eh? Geez, the water here is like bathwater warm, but flat as usual. I'm ready for another trip down to Costa....I've got "Tropical Depression" on the way though. Guess I'll have to deal till then!

Pages: 1 18 replies