Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Looking for a tiki cane...

Pages: 1 1 replies

C

Hello!
I found this forum in my search for a certain cane, or walking stick. I lived on Oahu for 3 yrs on Kaneohe Bay Marine Corps Base and there was a man who set up a vendor booth outside of the PX once who sold all kinds of different items that he had made from koa wood. One of which was a koa wood walking stick that was carved into a tiki. I did purchase one for my dad, but my husband has wanted one ever since. Unfortunately, I lost the card that the vendor had given me and it has been about 5 years since I left Hawaii. Does anyone have any info that could help me find this guy? I might be wrong, but I think that the wood he made the walking sticks from was actually Tongan Koa Wood, if that helps. Thanks ahead of time for any information anyone might have!:)
Tera

I would post this on the Creating Tiki forum. We have several very talented carvers that post their carvings & several from the islands as well. I'm sure someone here would be happy to help you. It might also be helpful to post a picture of the one your relative has so they will have a good idea of what you are looking for.

Pages: 1 1 replies