Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

going to the dentist

Pages: 1 5 replies

C

So it's time for everyone to feel sorry for
congatiki....I got this abscessed tooth....
and my jaw is all swollen like I am eating
golf balls....and it hurts like hell.
the only good thing is that vicodin goes
well with rum....and i spend most of my
time sitting on my ass and thinking how cool
it would be to start carving another tiki.
and then I pass out...and then I come to and
visit tiki Central....and then I get another
rum drink....best wishes to all....brush
your teeth and visit the dentist often!

Ouch I'm sorry to hear. Sometime, all the brushing and flossing doesn't do an ounce of good. Some people are just damn lucky. It boils down to genetics.

For instance, one of my nephews never brushed, never flossed, never went to the dentist -- not one cavity in his mouth. His tooth structure was just very good, minimal pits, spaces, etc. On the other hand, his two other siblings (different fathers) took excellent care of their teeth, flossed, brushed, stayed away from sweets--yet had cavities galore.

I'm not saying don't brush or floss--just saying that some people have it made.

Well, take another pain killer, wash it down with a Mai Tai, and you'll feel better soon!

Yikes!

Good luck.

I don't mind going to my current dentist, but I will have to get a crown sometime in the next few years and I'm not looking forward to it.

The greatest thing about my dentist is she's not afraid to admit that NO ONE flosses. :D

denstists... tell you to never pick your teeth with any sharp, metal object. then ou sit in their chair... and the first thing they pull out is an iron hook.

sorry to hear about your dental dismalness, conga-t, :( i just spent a couple hundred last thursday to fill in a chip. DOH

D

Goodness,that sure sounds painful! I think tht all of us can agree that we'd rather be sick from the neck down than the neck up.And teeth!Why something so seemingly small should cause such agony is just crazy.Hang in there,and make sure to get it taken care of.The alternative is too awful to contemplate.Hope you feel better.

Pages: 1 5 replies