Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Hot Time! Summer in the City!

Pages: 1 8 replies

B

Is that how the song goes? It's always nice when the temperature gets warm here in Chicago and everyone gets out and enjoys the weather. We sure enjoy hanging out in the backyard eating popsicles, drinking tropical drinks and spraying each other with the hose! Gotta' enjoy it now because in a few months we'll be back hiding inside from the cold. Summertime is Tiki time in Chicago!

-Duke and Amy

boutiki, I love Chicago (except right now. the Sox are kickin' Padre ass at Petco Park). The last time I was there it was March and the weather was still wintery but who cares, I was runnin' all over the place diggin' the sights and sounds. Right now here in San Diego we got two kinds of weather - 1). extremely clear, warm and beautiful...and 2). extremely overcast, cold and shitty. Guess which one usually falls on the weekend. Aloha bruddah - SWJ

B

You know, since we made the original post, we have had a really nasty heat wave here. Miserable temps in the 90's with high humidity and heat indexes over 100. What the hell? Can't we catch a break? I mean, we suffer through the long winters– we should at least have nice, pleasant summers. I have been assured that this will be over soon and we'll have nice weather for Exotica... We better!
-Duke

D

Boutiki-we get two days of decent temps,and then on Sunday it heats way up again.I shudder to open the electric bill this month-brrrrr....

M

I don't know anything about Chicago, or about the weather there... All I can say is that at night it's a different world. Go out and find a girl. Come-on come-on and dance all night. Despite the heat it'll be alright.

get yerown self one of those disturbing Chicago Tamales, and the weather seems to matter less. (It's like a warm paprika flavored gummi worm)

Docwoods knows the place...around the corner from Hala Kahiki? That's a must stop.

Is the Trader Vics in Chicago worth a visit?

It's funny, chatting with all the locals about any topic that comes to mind...the single thing that people here really feel strongly about is that Corey Patterson needs to get traded. (Baseball seems to be taken a bit more personally here than in Ca)

D

Gene and Jude's-just a stone's throw away from Hala Kahiki.John and I wondered why you guys didn't stop on the way back to your hotel.Hope your trip is good so far.

Gene and Judes ruled...Sweetend iced tea, and hot-dogs served by people with Angst (and Sox hats)

Do all hotdogs get wrapped with fries, or is that a local thing? They were really good. I like the Celry Salt and the hot peppers, but missed the aqua relish other places use.

On the topis of Sausages, the Brewers had Sausage Races in the 7th inning...most humorus, although I'm sure purists would claim it's the runation of the sport. (Got a photo of Gorman Thomas at the stadium...a drunkard of epic thirst, and a good ball player)

Good times and quite a nice lamp I got thank you very much.

I cam home and my fake SailFish was here from Benson's Imports...I intend to hang it on the chiney to disturb the neighbors and toast the 4th.

Thanks for everything Docwoods!

Cheers

I think wrapping the fries with the dogs is more a South-Side thing? I never spent much time on the North-Side so I'm not the best one to go by.

Pages: 1 8 replies