Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Any suggestions for a punch bowl?

Pages: 1 6 replies

Help! (please)

As you can probably tell from all my posts, I am scurrying around trying to get ready for the NW Tiki Crawl.

Does anyone have ideas on what to use for a tiki room punch bowl or how to make a regular punch bowl look more tiki-ish (and less like a punch bowl that I borrowed from my mother)?

Thank You!

A

Dry Ice

D

I have a plasic shell with a matching ladle thats really cute. Cheap as can be too, short of being free.

link

All the Pad books are filled with great idears. Pad parties has a neat idea about making an illuminated punch bowl. VERY easy. There is a picture of it on the cover of the book.

pad parties cover

If your interested in it, I can send you a scan of the instructions if you PM me your email. Amazon is selling the books for a little over 4 dollars.

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2005-06-11 09:05 ]

Try wrapping the bowl with banana leaves (vertically) and use twine or raffia (horizontally) to keep in place... You could even just double-stick tape them in place.

Gosh, Wow, Dawn Tiki and King Slod,
You guys are great!! I love both ideas. Now, I just have to decide...

We thought maybe you guys moved away! How's everything going? We can't do the bar tour, but are hoping to go Friday and Saturday night. Good luck on your preparations. Hope you are all well!
-David

Hi David,

It will be great to see you! We will be there both nights and for part of the home bar tour.

Thanks for your help!
Gem

Pages: 1 6 replies