Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

I know the feeling of being carved.

Pages: 1 2 70 replies

F

Had some cancer removed and now I know the healing process that evey tiki deserves.

Now to add flames.

Now a test in the dark

[ Edited by: flacookz 2005-10-22 06:34 ]

[ Edited by: flacookz 2006-05-30 17:37 ]

K
kirby posted on Sun, Jun 12, 2005 6:58 PM

that lil guy is awsome wanna sell it!!

F

I am enjoying it right now but I do plan on producing more. Let me know If you want something like his or shoot me an examplel of the type your would like.

Tanks for the coooment

B

FlaCookz, this one is Really Cool and Hot looking with the flames. How small is he, about 2 1/2 " tall?
Very nice work.

H
hewey posted on Mon, Jun 13, 2005 7:01 AM

very cool

How big?

F

not quite 4.5" and 1.25" diameter pine

[ Edited by: flacookz on 2005-06-13 08:03 ]

Awesome little guy! He'd also make a great toothpick or swizzle stick holder for the bar.

F

his big bro
in the styling of wayne combs / MIA TIKI

[ Edited by: flacookz on 2005-06-16 16:49 ]

H
hewey posted on Thu, Jun 16, 2005 4:51 PM

That little one looks even cooler in the bigger pics! Great detail!

Love the big brother too. Thats a way cool head dress!

Can you make one that fits over my Burnzomatic Torch Tip? I use that sucka like no tomorrow! Super cool!

J
john posted on Fri, Jun 17, 2005 4:29 AM

those fellers are awesome! i like when artists, particularly (sp?) have large sculptures and small scaled down exact versions. very cool!

Very cool little guy. I missed him the first time around. Great work, flacookz. Love the torches - There's nothing like a tiki that actually performs a useful service!

Just spectacular!

J

The detail on the big-bro is unreal! It looks so good I found it hard to believe I was looking at a photo and not a computer generated piece of art! Wow! Beautiful work.

Very nice detail. I also thought that the large carving looked like it was photoshopped.
That little guy is very cool.

I love the big guy. Is the color airbrushed? It looks sweet.

B

Yep, the big one looks great too. They make a great pair.Did you used to work for Wayne?
Sorry I missed you last night. We left about 6:40 after walkin the street and askin other artists about ya'. SHoulda' called I know. NExt time.

F

The colors and stains are airbrushed on and sanded down to give them a weathered finished.

No I haven't ever worked for anyone, I only started carving last year after the Hurricane clean-up. i always wanted to but never did.

Thanks again for all the comments, some times I think that all of the coments are generated by bots because they are all so positive. But i don't mind. I really enjoy doing what I am doing and all want to do is share the experience. Because of this site I really learned a lot and I really enjoy the community feeling. Its like a brotherhood and sisterhood that shares in the festivities.

F

The weather was so I made 2 more and wasted several hours posing them. Hope some one enjoys these. I had the torches burning the whole time and they bearly used any fuel.

Thanks for look and comments are alway appreciated.
Screwed up the posting sorry.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

[ Edited by: flacookz on 2005-07-02 17:54 ]

R

Those photos are great. The carvings look amazing themselves.

T

I agree. Great work.

F

Three new ones... two that must be related and a distant cousin
sabal palms 40" and 26" w/ bamboo torch holder

54" cabage palm

and the start of a 12" mask from coconut palm

B

Nice tikis Mikey, lookin good. You gonna set up this thursday nite? gimme a call
Benzart!

H
hewey posted on Thu, Jul 14, 2005 7:46 AM

Those little guys look like they are at a strip club - dance girl!

Those bigs are cool - so much personality in them. Awesome

F

Actually turning the small dance club shot in to a logo. thanks for look'n and commentin.

FLACOOKZ-
DID YOU CARVE ALL OF THOSE? THEY ARE AMAZING!!
WHERE CAN I GET PALM IN PA??

I'm usually not a fan of the laughing tiki, but I really like yours. They have a warm, friendly feel to them. Thanks for posting all the great pictures!

M

Awesome work!!! All mine tend to laugh too. Just can't achieve the angry look. Keep it up.

I love the exploding personality your tikis have. Keep up the good work.

I also love the palm tree mosaic floor in that last shot. Is this yours?

F

Thanks for all the comments. It is fun carving and when I share and get comments like this back from my peers... it really is fulfilling.

Yes the moziac was created by me and and my wife. I designed and then cut the tiles. she did all the glueing. Everyone that visits our house want us to do one for them. .... No way.

The tikis however are stacking up and when a friend comes by and says they want one I tell them to pick one out that they want.

I only have about 6 left but I have 6 more in progress. Great stress relief.

Hurricane season is in full swing so i figure that I will have an excess supply of logs.

Thanks again for all the comments and sharing.

That tile floor is amazing. And the tikis are kick ass aswell.
Thanks for sharing.

H

I love that tile floor. So nice and tasteful, and the quality is awesome. No wonder people want you to do their places!

F

A friend needed some decorations to hang around his pool for a party and liked Tiki Tony's Enchanted Tiki Mask "Tangaroa". Here are the versions that I created last night. Something new and props go to Tony for the inspiration.

All out of a 20" Sabla palm trunk w/ airbrushed stain to show the depth of the cuts.

Thanks for looking and try to stay cool in the Summer heat...

H
hewey posted on Wed, Jul 20, 2005 7:58 PM

Those little things look evil! Cool work though

Those tikis are fine!! I can almost hear them laughing when I look at the pics.

F

A FRESH ONE THAT GOT GOT STAINED

Your new stuff is killer. Perfect to set the mood at a party.

Very cool stuff, flacookz, with a definite style. Great tikis!

M

Flacookz-
Your work is so beautiful, thanks for sharing it.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Aug 3, 2005 3:48 AM

Very realistic eyes - very nice. Cute bum too

T

I really love the new one! The detail is amazing. What part of FL are you from?

I would love to see some progress pictures, start to finish on one of your projects...HINT, HINT!

B

Those are prety cool lookin little devil tikis. I really like the airbrushing you are doing on your tikis.

F

progress pic really are a blank log and then a finished log.

But I will try. on the Next to Progress.

Thanks for all the comments.

F

O YA PALM CITY IS REALLY WHERE I LIVE, ITS IN MARTIN COUNTY... ONE COUNTY NORTH OF THE FAMOUS PALM BEACH AND 2 HOURS SOUTHEASTERLY OF HE EVIL DISNEY EMPIRE...STRAIGHT EAST OF THE BIG LAKE IN THE CENTER OF THE STATE....

tHANKS FOR THE COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS.....

[ Edited by: flacookz 2005-08-03 15:25 ]

thay are awesome. keep up the good work.

T

Man keep it up. I am just glad you choose the backside to expose...LOL

F

tanks for all the comments but I also like critsism.

Hear r a few new in progress.
at first I was really pissed about the cracking then i decided to just go with it. now I really the texture.

first attempt at a pineapple head

window hanger about 1 1/2" tall with working match torches.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Aug 17, 2005 9:14 PM

That first one looks good. Not sure about the 2nd, the pic and the wood make it hard to make out the features. LOVE the window hangers :)

Pages: 1 2 70 replies