Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Aint mother nauture a B*tch (lots of pics)

Pages: 1 5 replies

Now I know that alot of you have been thru earthquakes and hurricanes and lots of other bad or wierd weather.

For myself this was a first. This past few weeks we have alot of rain and there has been flooding through out Alberta.

My Family has a cottage that is on a golf resort. And after all the rain and finally being allowed back in here is what we were faced with.

Here is my dad trying to walk thru 7 inches of mud left behind

this bridge used to be on the other side of the tree and spanned a gully that was 5 feet deep.

front deck

back deck stairs

inside, after all the carpet and furniture was removed

fairway of the 3rd hole

We were not the worst hit , some people lost everthing.

I have learned that in trying times the true spirit of people shines. There were ladys bringing water and sandwiches to cabins. People offering to help in any way the could.

Thanks to everyone that listened to me whine and offered kind words.

8T

Hey Rodeo, Sorry for your loss. Glad you're all ok. I've been through a flood before and it is truly a mess to deal with. Hope all turns out well for you and your place. Good Luck

p.s. Did you have any wooden tiki carvings float away??

H
hewey posted on Mon, Jun 13, 2005 7:05 AM

damn rodeo - that sucks

Good to know you are all okay - thats the main thing.

I dont know, maybe some of that driftwood could be carved? :)

Definately sucks, but it will pass and become a story told at Christmas dinner. Maybe not the next one or two, but somewhere down the road. I'm glad everyone is okay.

We had a major flood in SLO close to 10 years ago. My house was one of the "unlucky" ones. We had a huge back fence that was made of chain link and the path of the river went straight through the property. The fence looked like a sink drain catcher. We were asking the neighbors, "Did you lose a blue 10 speed? Missing a BBQ? Lawnchairs? Dog Houses? A Washer? Lawnmower?" Actually our washer, dryer and lawnmower all dissapeared. It took us more than a month to scrape out all the muck and debris and fix the damage. Mountains of paperwork only to find the insurance didn't cover floods. Nightmare! I feel your pain, immensely! Sorry that you have to go through such a thing.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Stufforama , its funny how much stuff we are finding in and around our yard. The is a spot where everyone is taking things they have found. Lucky for me I had not yet taken or done any carving at the cabin yet.

Pages: 1 5 replies