Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Hula Dancers at Haleiwa Joes restaurant in Rancho Mirage...

Pages: 1 4 replies

T

If you are going to be near Palm Springs on Friday July 15, 2005 go by Haleiwa Joes' Restaurant in Rancho Mirage (69934 HWY 111), they are going to have Hula dancers starting at 5PM according to the wait staff I spoke to 2 days ago. My wife and I had dinner there and we plan to attend the FREE show on July 15. Their phone no. is 760-324-5613 so call them to make sure they haven't changed the dates and times befoe this event. Anyone wanna meet there for dinner or drinks?
Dave

D

hey Dave ~ would you give a little restaurant review of this place? we were at Oasis, and thought of going, but hadn't heard about the decor or food! what's your take on the place?

elicia

T

Hi Elicia--
Food was ok--not bad I had the lamb shank, my wife had the sweet-n-sour chicken...I thought that was better. My wife had ordered the PuPu platter but she doesn't do sushi so she did not like it....the kids had hamburgers....good as burgers go. I had a Mai Tai, but to be honest, I make much better ones using Trader Vic's mix...service was really good though. I do plan to go back...that says a lot. Decor was somewhat Tiki/Aloha style....I loved the way the place is set up...neat 1974 Kellogg architecture...totally kool!
Do a search for "Haleiwa Joes" on this site...someone wrote a cool synopsis on it along with pics....!

Do they still have the fire pit?

T

Hi TikiKate:
I did not notice a fire pit...maybe we can call them and ask...I did find an old post here with some kool pics:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=14806&forum=1&vpost=161669

Pages: 1 4 replies