Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

What I did yesterday

Pages: 1 8 replies

Yesterday I was filling up my pond as there is significant evaporation over a 3 day period. I put the hose in and went inside and reminded myself not to forget....I forgot. 45 minutes later, I mumbled "Oh shit", ran outside, turned off the hose and began wading, plodding gently thru 2 inches of standing water on my patio. As I looked closer I could see our tiny 1/2 inch long baby mosquito fish frantically swimming on the patio back towards the pond. My wife comes out and says, "you silly" as she wades barefoot as well, herding the little frollicking fish back into deeper water. We saved their lives.

Later the same day I see one of our cats bolting for prey. He has a lizard in his mouth. I brought these blue bellies home specifically for my enjoyment and the benefits of their bug eating capabilities. I will not stand for her cat destroying my pets. Good for nothing cat. Poops on my nice lawn and kills my lizards. (Although he did bring home a dead gopher as a gift to master once). I saved the lizards life as well, as the cat dropped the lizard and ran away. He tried several times to sneak back but I was diligent. So I saved a lizards life and about 20 baby mosquito fishies. Somedays we watch blue jays as they bathe in the stream. I've even seen dragonfly's lay eggs, and later, watch as their larvae swim around and eventually fly off in their neverending search for mosquitos. It's fun creating this tiny little ecosystem right in my own backyard.

So what are we going to eat during Hooptylau?
Chongolio

On 2005-06-13 23:38, Chongolio wrote:
So what are we going to eat during Hooptylau?
Chongolio

You might consider the African dwarf frogs or the mosquito fish soup.

~ Nature Boy ~
Recorded By Nat King Cole
(Reminded me of you Vic.)

There was a boy
A very strange enchanted boy
They say he wandered very far, very far
Over land and sea
A little shy and sad of eye
But very wise was he

And then one day
A magic day he passed my way
And while we spoke of many things
Fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn
Is just to love and be loved in return"

On 2005-06-13 22:31, Jungle Trader wrote:
I forgot. 45 minutes later, I mumbled "Oh shit"...As I looked closer I could see our tiny 1/2 inch long baby mosquito fish frantically swimming on the patio back towards the pond.... We saved their lives.

Or you could say, you almost killed them... :wink:

I did, I almost killed them, curious little things.

Mahalo Unga Bunga.

I love my kitty to pieces but she's been bringing me birds all of a sudden. Maybe this is the prime hunting season?

Have you considered a bell on the collar? It scares some of the prey away.

I don't mind the mice though - that's a kitty's way of paying her rent.

Our orange cat Toffee brought in a bird on Saturday.
Somehow she snuck past us and played with it on the kitchen floor until we came in to discover feathers and blood all over the place.
Poor thing was dead and she was about to have a meal. She has never done this before. As dumb as she is, it's good to know she's still capable of catching herself a meal if need be. Poor little guy.

I'll bet you didn't know that Koi just LOVE watermelon. They're on it like piranha stripping a live cow crossing the Mississippi River. (I know,.....there are no cows in the Mississippi River sheesh). It's horrible, violent, and beautiful at the same time. My precious pets. Careful, don't want to lose a finger.

Pages: 1 8 replies