Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Interested? eBay maybe?

Pages: 1 7 replies

Hi, total novice here. I have a set of 4 tiki-mugs from Bill Lee's Bamboo Chopsticks in Bakersfield Ca. Each mug features 3 different face (see link to photo below). All are in near perfect condition, no chips. Thinking of putting them on eBay...think I'd get any interest?
Any feedback would be a big help. Thanks in advance.

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/album_fullsize.html?c_photo=1540298

M

Link did not work for me, but I think I know the mug(basic "wood-grain" Mai Tai bucket). Common mug, but a reasonably uncommon locale.
I think they are worth listing. You may not break the bank, you'll get some action on them.

I'd bid on one. Heck, I'd like to win one. Seems many auctions for mugs I have been watching on ebay of late mysteriously end prematurely.

Barnacles!

midnite

T

Couldn't get the link to work but I am interested. Let us know when you get them listed.

I couldn't get the link to work either - I have seen these though and would like to know if you list them or get the pic to work.

Sorry about the link folks...thought I had it covered. I will be listing these on eBay sometime today (tuesday 10/29). I'll post the link ASAP. Thanks for the input!

DZ

I'd like to see 'em too! I collect "3-face" mugs (15 different so far! Anybody have any they'd like to trade?) and already have a Bamboo Chopsticks. However, I'm aware that this place featured 3-face mugs with at least two different stamped "logos", and if this is the one I don't have, I'd certainly be interested!

M

Anybody have any they'd like to trade?) and already have a Bamboo Chopsticks!

Hmmm, I have a very rare one, or so I am told it is rare. It is from Harvey's, Lake Tahoe. It is almost as good as my equally rare "Leilani" mug. :D

On a serious note, my only 3 face mug is from Jimmy Wong's, Chicago. The most unique I have seen is from Andersen's Pea Soup Restaurant.

midnite

DZ

I've seen pix of the "Anderson's" mug, but I can't, for the life of me, figure out the connection between tiki and their faux-Holland/pea soup & windmill theme. They do sell bottles of 'authentic' mead (think "Beowulf") in their gift shop, (and "Stock Car Wisdom", a book I got for Sabu last Christmas...), so I guess anything is possible!

Pages: 1 7 replies