Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Funky Tiki Monkey Mugs made by ME!

Pages: 1 8 replies

I made a bunch of these. I love them, they are so funky! Ha Ha ... I'm working on some other stuff, original designs, but don't anyone hold their breath... It is hard work being productive here in Hawaii. I just want to go to the beach everyday!

Check them out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3980549518&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Mahalo and Aloha!

T

I like the blue one best. Gecko had a post where he was making one.

Those are really nice. Was this a mold you made or purchased to make these?
They have (to me) a South American look to them.

Really nice.

I like the blue best, too. Kinda like the color of the water along the shore here in Hawaii. I've also seen that blue in Destin, Florida and Guam.

Those are made from an old 60's mold, that is available where I go to pour. I am actually usually a handbuilder. But when I saw some of the tiki and tropical themed molds that were available, I had to make them.

I love Geckos work. He is a talanted artist!

Thanks for looking at my auctions!

T

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=11265&forum=7

[ Edited by: teaKEY on 2005-06-15 14:35 ]

T

Of course, these aren't monkeys at all, but a Cook Island Roratonga style with a congenital defect. (But whose counting. :wink:)

On 2005-06-15 17:54, tikigreg wrote:
Of course, these aren't monkeys at all, but a Cook Island Roratonga style with a congenital defect. (But whose counting. :wink:)

What's the average airspeed velocity of an unladen low-flying monkey?

:wink:

Monkeys are actually a little scary. My Great-Grandmother had some and when we visited her my Mom wouldn't let us closer than 20 feet to them. They throw things!

And when I visited Bali, 2 different times, the driver refused to go near the monkey forest. Oh Well, I guess I needed a massage instead...

Thanks for the Gecko link teaKey! I was still slaving at a regular job during that time. Before the artist inside me took over and I quit. My poor husband thinks I should get a real job. Very Funny. Why should we both be miserable?

Here is another photo of pottery I do. This is an Ikebana Vase.

B

I hope you are able to make it work. Remember to have fun and enjoy the art.
Keep posting pics!

Pages: 1 8 replies