Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Seamus gets a full-page article!

Pages: 1 40 replies

H

Our very own seamus, he of the fantastic concrete tikis, got an amazing profile in the Newport Newstimes, a full page complete with color photos!

Here's the article:
http://www.newportnewstimes.com/articles/2005/06/15/community/community01.txt

And here's seamus's website:
http://www.tikisbyseamus.com

Congratulations, seamus!

T

Congrats on the excellent press, Seamus!. They covered a lot of ground in the article in a pretty honest and straightforward way. Too often writers feel the need to glitz up a story to try to make it more than it really is, but they did a nice job of keepin' it real.

Great photo, too!

M

I like Seamus' work----his tikis are made out of......SEA-ment!!!!

T

Interesting story!

Congrats Seamus, and I'll see you in Portland!

T

On 2005-06-15 15:30, mrsmiley wrote:
I like Seamus' work----his tikis are made out of......SEA-ment!!!!

Don't you mean "SHAY-ment"?

M

Congratulations Seamus. I'll raise a toast :drink: in your honor with my very own Seamus Sea-ment Tiki.

Seamus, You look sea worthy.

Like you should be harponing whales or working on a crab boat.

That's not a bad thing.

I think Seamus and Jeff Brown are the same guy. I'm JUST saying....

That's a kool article, thanks for sharing....

bwahahahhaha. sorry.

Seriously, it is a nice article, Mr. Bot is right (and quite handsome, I might add...) sometimes writers feel the need to glam it up, kudos to her for realizing you're interesting all on your own!

There's still some good news in the news. Congrats Seamus.

D

YEA Seamus!!! How exciting! I just had a tenensy tinsy problem with the term "fanatic", I mean where are you gonna find a fanatic around here? :wink: This is the best and most interesting news I've read in a while! Congratulations! :D YIPPPPEEEE!

Right On!!! Great article.

Congrats.

Right on, Bruddah!

TM

Nice!

That's excellent Seamus!

Although it did give me the giggles when the article went on to point out :
"...Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room, which languished for years in Frontier Land at Disneyland"

:)

See you real soon!

[ Edited by: Tikitronic on 2005-06-15 16:53 ]

T

Seamus your doing that Portland cement fine. Its funny to hear about the different events like a page from history and yet I knew about it. Exept one thing, who is that Jeff Brown guy that kept refering to. Can wait to check out your stuff in person one day.

See that bird at the bottom, its only there because of Seamus. -teaKEY

T

On 2005-06-15 15:49, FLOUNDERart wrote:

Done and done!

S

Okay Okay,, thanks you guys. I knew she was going to write something, but I was shocked to see the whole page. I admit, the reporter is a big fan of Tiki, so she was thrilled to get to write the article, but I was expecting a little blurb in the arts section. Hopefully this, and the future projects will help to get a little more Tiki awareness 'round these parts.

I keep that guy Jeff around for mostly nostalgic, and Tax purposes. He's an alright guy, but he really can't handle his booze. His wife and kid kid have taken to me pretty quickly, so at least I've got that goin for me.
Tiki-bot- you slay me sometimes.

T

Dang It! Now I'll never be able to afford a Seamus original! It's the Shag phenomenon all over again!

Much-Deserved Congratulations, Seamus. Nice photo too. (Tiki-Bot, I think he looks like a bit like an Irish leprechaun, hint)

Sabu

YEAH!!!! Seamus that is so friggin cool! I am totally stoked for you! I hope to "sea" you and Jauna at Hooptylau bring down some crabs down, JT's pond will need restocking once the buffet gets started.

Nice work on the pic Tiki-bot! Suitable for framing. Did you do the Captain Otto on stage at Oasis too?

Chongolio

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

Come explore http://www.lost-isle.com

Great press and good to hear your art is doing so well. You've hung with TC a long time and deserve all of it.
KG

Congrats there little buddy. Now I guess you are really expecting the limo service when you arrive here? Just so you know - I have a trunk with you name on it!!! See you in a few days. can't wait!!!!!!!

And Humu - I have a question for you. Do you have a subscription to the Waldport paper?

[ Edited by: Maori_man on 2005-06-15 20:59 ]

TT

Wow! Very cool. I love the stuff you do.

Seamus, that is way cool! Now, when we met at Oasis you told me a little bit about your alter ego. But I really thought you were a "grumpy, Irish, whiskey drinking Tiki maker on the central Oregon coast".

Okay, maybe not grumpy. :)

Congrats on the good press!

Aaron

On 2005-06-15 17:11, Tiki-bot wrote:

On 2005-06-15 15:49, FLOUNDERart wrote:

Done and done!

Hey!! This is my job to post pics.
Don't make me call Hanford! :)

Seamus!
It's about time your recognition came due to the masses.
You're concrete Tiki creations are written in stone. (Don't ask me what the hell that means, but I meant well.)
Cut the crap and move down to Calitikifornia!
We need you down here.
Buy a summer home in Oregon for God’s sake.
They'll manage without you.
(Unga just 86'd himself from the NW Tiki crawl)
P.S. Are you really Irish? :)
Best to ya bloke!

Tiki-bot that is exactly what I envisioned! Absolutely hilarious.

T

Makes me want a fishstick right now. Tiki-Bot, perfect picture but could use a pipe out of his left side.

That was an excellent article. Congrats Seamus. I also liked the plug for TC. I hope your prices don't go up too high, or it will just be another thing I can't ever afford.

I want I signed copy of that article! Seamus, you need to print up a display copy of that piece to place at your vending booth this weekend. Hope to see you at the crawl kick-off party.

Congrat Seamus! Was able to pic up a framed tiki at Oasis V from you, & me & the mrs. love it.

TBird.

Hey!! This is my job to post pics.
Don't make me call Hanford! :)

But the rule is you have to create or edit the pictures yourself.

H
hewey posted on Thu, Jun 16, 2005 9:57 PM

Cool dude. Well done.

I am checking out your web page now and I like what i see!

I heard about this when I was up in Seattle but didn't have access to a pc to see it until now. Congrats Seamus!

Wait a second, I just read the article. Jeff Brown? Who the fuck is Jeff Brown?????

Aw man.... next thing I know, someone's gonna tell me that Santa doesn't exist!

S

I know it sounds corny, but I'm not sure I'd have gotten even this far with this whole concrete Tiki art thing if it wasn't for all you great people here at Tiki Central. The support and friendship I've found here has really made an impact on my life. Ohana is truly where it's at.
A sincere thankyou to all of you!

Now I gotta pack and head for Portland.

S

Congratulations Seamus-
We love our backyard fountain, and so does the dog who likes to drink from the tiki's mouth!

On 2005-06-17 09:04, sirginn wrote:
... and so does the dog who likes to drink from the tiki's mouth!

Can you post a pic?

Wow, great article Seamus! (and they mentioned my website too) :)

Keep up the great work, son of the Gordon's Fisherman :D

Great going and congratulations seamus. Great article!

[ Edited by: Sam Gambino on 2005-06-18 22:48 ]

Awesome article Seamus! Well deserved me thinks! And It's good to see yr a Robert Anton Wilson fan as well.

Congrats on the ink!

Pages: 1 40 replies