Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Help me Identify This Glam Rock/New Wave? Band From The 70s/80s

Pages: 1 2 59 replies

Jab - Now we're talking.

I'm sorry I won't be able to make the SF show on the 8th (Wife had already bought Hollywood Bowl tickets), but an L.A. show on the 23rd is definitely do-able. I'm planning on going. Anyone else? I think it would be a galactic kick to get a gang together for this.

Oh. and I can't wait to hear how the San Francisco show goes. Please give us a review when it's all over. Thanks for keeping us informed on the upcoming appearances of Zolar X. Can't wait to get this photo signed.

Sabu

On 2005-06-22 15:26, thejab wrote:
I just heard Zolar-X are playing at the Knitting Factory in Hollywood on Saturday, July 23rd.

Zolar X, Ruins Alone (ft. Yoshida of RUINS), Genghis Tron, Pray To The Robots
Price: $8.00
Date: Sat, Jul 23
Start Time: 8:00 PM

Here's some info on "Ruins Alone":

RUINS ALONE features Yoshida Tatsuya: one of the most innovative drummer/composer/improvisers in the Japanese avant-garde music scene. Yoshida emerged with his drum and bass duo, Ruins, in 1985 winning over fans like John Zorn, Sonic Youth, Mike Patton, Glenn Branca, and Bill Laswell (even forming the band Painkiller with Zorn and Laswell in the 90s) with their unique high energy mix of hardcore, noise, and progressive rock. This summer Yoshida visits the Knit for a very special solo performance as Ruins Alone. Fans of the Boredoms, Wives, or any of the above mentioned artists take note. Highly Recommended!

Isn't the 23rd the date of the Beach Burn?

S

I can't stop listening to the intro to "Timeless".

On 2005-06-24 12:14, shadven wrote:
I can't stop listening to the intro to "Timeless".

It's very Sweet-esque, "Fox on the Run".

D

Damn You PJ!!! I can't get that stupid song out of my head now! Damn you to hell! Arrrrg!

T

Attention earthlings! I saw Zolar-X (minus the lead singer) last Friday night in SF. They were great: super tight and talented, they played all their songs, the lyrics were stupidly good (sung by the guitarist), and their hair and outfits were out of this world! They didn't even look that old - the outstanding drummer still looks the same as he did back in the 70s! Maybe they really are from another planet!

Go see them at the Knitting Factory on Saturday July 23rd. while you have the chance!

Jello Biafra was there sporting a glittery shirt! He introduced Zolar-X.

How could the first band be so good (Nagg) and the second band be so boring (the Naysayers)? Who books these opening acts?

I've just found Zolar-X's first album in its entirety on the Usenet. I've uploaded it so that any of zany Z-X fans can download it from here:

http://rapidshare.de/files/22421512/ZXTimless01.zip.html

http://rapidshare.de/files/22420371/ZXTimless02.zip.html

Purple Jade has also brought to my attention the news of a new 45 single from Zolar X:

http://www.alternativetentacles.com/product.php?product=1255

Sabu

Upcoming Shows !

Aug 18 2006
9:00P
Sunset Tavern
Seattle, WA

Aug 19 2006
Dante's
Portland, OR

Aug 20 2006
8:00P
The Alibi
Arcata, CA

Aug 21 2006
12 Galaxies
San Francisco, CA

Aug 23 2006
Brick By Brick
San Diego, CA

Aug 24 2006
8:00P
Modified Arts
Phoenix, AZ

T

I've told the Missus. We'll see if she wants to go. She might be itching to wear a spacesuit!

On 2006-06-16 11:50, Unga Bunga wrote:
Upcoming Shows !

Aug 23 2006
Brick By Brick
San Diego, CA

Yee Ha! Anyone else from SD planning on being there?

Did I see Zolar X auditioning in a preview of this new show called, "The Next Great American Band"?

Pages: 1 2 59 replies