Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

ModMana Crawls on his B-Day (Sat, 6/25, San Diego)

Pages: 1 13 replies

M

Mrs. ModMana asked me what I wanted to do to celebrate my birthday this year (this is one of those milestone birthdays that people seem to make a big deal about). I initially wanted to have a big blowout tiki party. Unfortunately, for a long list of reasons, it quickly became evident that was just not going to happen. So, as a compromise, we are having our own somewhat spontaneous mini San Diego Tiki Crawl!...and you are invited. This will happen on Saturday, June 25th (even though my actual birthday is on the 27th). And even if no one else shows, we're still going and plan on having a great time. Here's the plan...

6:00 PM – Meet at the ModMana Tiki Hut
7:00 PM – Islands (Hanalei Hotel, Mission Valley)
8:15 PM – Bali Hai (Shelter Island)
9:30 PM – Mister Tiki (Downtown)

Feel free to join us at our place or stop by any of these locations at the designated times. We're thinking that we'll have 1 or 2 drinks at each place and possibly appetizers. As we want to hit all these establishments in one night, we likely will not have time for a full dinner. Contact me via PM, email, or phone (858-627-9877) for directions, questions, or RSVP. Hope to see a few of you on the 25th...

Mahalo,

ModMana :drink:

Tentatively IN!

We wont be able to make it because we will be on Vacation. But, I would like to Wish You a Very Happy Birthday--in advance anyway!!!
Happy Birthday,
Spermy

Will check with the mrs. but tentatively in.

TBird.

[ Edited by: Tiki Bird on 2005-06-16 19:55 ]

O

99.9% in... will there be pie?

Oh hell yeah -- count me in!

N

I would love to join you guys, but I'm having knee surgery on the 23rd and will probably be on some serious pain medication. Have a great time, I know you will.

Nicktiki

M

On 2005-06-16 12:07, OnaTiki wrote:
99.9% in... will there be pie?

Ric, you know how I feel about pie...I guarantee there will be pie involved sometime during the evening. No celebration would be complete without it. :wink:

Also, any out-of-towners or those who just don't want to drive home are welcome to crash at our place. Couch, futon, sofa bed, and floor space available.

PS - No gifts or pitch ins, just bring yourself.

[ Edited by: modmana on 2005-06-20 16:17 ]

I guess I spoke too soon. Some unfortunate family events have arisen that I need to address so I won't be able to make it afterall.

Maybe next year? Happy Birthday Rich!

Sorry for da late response Mana. I'd love to tip a few with ya on your Birthday. I might have some conflicting plans but we'll hook up somewhere along the way. I'll PM ya on Saturday.

M

Hey, it's not too late to make plans to join us. I know there are more San Diego people out there that need a good break from the daily grind. C'mon out and experience the best tiki establishments in SD. You know you want to...

Cheers,

TB

Hey ModMana, i just pm'd ya for directions!

cya 2night.

TBird.

M

A Big Mahalo to everyone for coming out on our little mini crawl through San Diego!!! It was definitely a fun night. Due to a much too aggressive and optimistic schedule (sorry about that) we never made it to Mister Tiki. We did make all the other stops before everyone wound up the evening back at the ModMana hut. I also learned a thing or two about organizing an event such as this. Seems like common sense in retrospect but I'll pass it along anyway...

1. Give more notice in advance of the event.
  2. Start earlier in the evening (or afternoon).
  3. Allow a large window of time for people to arrive.
  4. Double the time at each stop.

Hmmm, seems to be somewhat of a common thread there. Apparently I have a time management problem. Actually, I just wanted to squeeze the maximum amount of tiki out of one night. However, I did underestimate the amount of tiki that TCers would require at each stop. At any rate, next time expect a more relaxed pace...as it should be in paradise.

Cheers,

O

We had a great time. The ModMana Hut is a wonderful home. Very well furnished and the tipsy factor is high!! Loved all the art work and the mugs..... he definately needs those new shelves soon!! And the pie!! Who knew what a great dessert chef ModMana is. Yum!!

Thanks for organizing and sorry again that we were late :wink:

Have a wonderful Birthday !!
'OnaTiki & Moki

Pages: 1 13 replies