Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Mugs I'd Like to See

Pages: 1 24 replies

I

I have no idea on whether any of these will ever be created - but I've been thinking about them! Tiki Farm, Munktiki, and others... Steal these ideas! (but send me a complimentary mug if you do!)

1)A mug with a glass insert, perhaps made of stained glass (in a Moai pattern), so one can see through the contents of the drink inside - much like how the windows behind the bar at Fort Lauderdale's Castaway Lounge allow you look into the swimming pool behind the wall. Then I can look inside and see how the cherry in my drink is doing.

1. A Paint-By-Number Mug. Half of the mug is already colored and glazed (with a minimum of two colors) but half of the mug is still uncolored, except for the pattern outlines and numbers within each polygon area. Extra credit if the mug pattern is of Paul Gauguin or of his paintings.

2. The Earthquake Mug - most mugs have a well balanced look, but this one would look like he is off-kilter and about to fall down. Incorporate a small battery operated shaker/vibrator in its base, so we can feel the tremors as we drink from this mug.

I'm sure that more ideas will come to me later.

Vern

I, personally, and without bias, would love to see my man Holden produce a TIKI BONG 2000 mug!

(hey, let's to a write-in campaign to get it movin'. Holden's personal phone number to his Tiki Hideaway is 696-969-6969; personal phone number to his Tiki Hot Tub is 696-969-6969; his personal phone number to his Tiki Hot Oil Machine is 696-969-6969; his personal phone number to his Tiki Bio Physics phone is 696-969-6969; his personal phone number to his Tiki Psychic phone is 696-969-6969. Now, move on it!)

H
hewey posted on Thu, Jun 16, 2005 9:50 PM

What about a "hypno-tiki" mug? Original art by Sam Gambino, brought into 3D wooden form by Aarons Akua?

J
john posted on Fri, Jun 17, 2005 4:22 AM

if anyone wants to incorporate some glass inyo a mug, im the feller to see :)

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

-Z

T

1)A mug with a glass insert, perhaps made of stained glass (in a Moai pattern), so one can see through the contents of the drink inside

Is this kind of what you had in mind?

J

I've really admired Tiki Farm's reissues of hard to find vintage mugs and bowls. Instead of new mugs I think continuing along re-creating illusive or cost prohibitive older items is the thing I'd appreciate the most. Next I propose the Ren Clark's severed head? Holden would make an absolute killing... no pun intended.

K

On 2005-06-16 19:01, ikitnrev wrote:
Incorporate a small battery operated shaker/vibrator in its base, so we can feel the tremors as we drink from this mug.

I imagine this one would sell rather well with the wahines. It'd be everything a tiki gal needs.

Kuku

T

A reissued mug? Yes its been done, but isn't the fun part is knowing that you can't have a few of them and dreaming that you do. They are like fake diamonds.

The glass insert is the best idea, one that I thought up too. Not a full insert. Yes, send me a mug too. Actually I have thought up a few killer ideas that I have done to personal mugs and ones that I would likke to make someday.

I think Kooche is the best mug maker of all time, that hasn't made a mug to drink from yet

S

I echo the above- A mug by Kooche/Miles Thompson is long overdue. I once heard rumors of a munktiki collaboration, we can only hope.
I would love to see a limited kooche mug come out with the Tell tale tiki book featuring the tiki art from his MModerngallery show.

D

There's that word "limited" again.

I like the mugs of the Female deities/characters - not just anonymous hula girls but gals like Pele, etc.

You know, equal rights for Female Mugs and all of that

On 2005-06-17 09:21, Digitiki wrote:
There's that word "limited" again.

Yeah, it's getting old now. What I'd like to see happen is for mug producers to start looking towards independent record companies for inspiration. They might produce 500 singles, 100 of these on red vinyl to satisfy the collector nerd who will file it away and never touch it again. The remaining 400 on normal black vinyl which will actually be played and enjoyed.

I don't see why the same can't be done for mugs - everyone wins.

Trader Woody

On 2005-06-16 19:01, ikitnrev wrote:

1. The Earthquake Mug - most mugs have a well balanced look, but this one would look like he is off-kilter and about to fall down.

This makes me think of a variation that could be based on Poly Pop: A mug that looks like it's been broken and glued back together, with little missing pieces and crack-lines and all.

Hey, I'd buy one of those!

Poly Pop's mug could be just a box of broken ceramic. :)

I'm kind of hoping that Muntiki will do a 'baby pineapple' mug in their next vending machine series, I think I yakked their ears off at Oasis about how we're collecting the mini's for Baby Pineapple...hint hint hint!

"You're the mayor of shark city, people think you want the beaches open."

[ Edited by: mrs. pineapple on 2005-06-17 11:33 ]

I know Poly Pop would love a break-resistant mug!

On 2005-06-17 11:19, PolynesianPop wrote:
Hey, I'd buy one of those!

On 2005-06-17 11:31, mrs. pineapple wrote:

Hey! It could be like a model kit! Just a box of broken shards and a tube of glue.

dangergirl299 wrote:

I like the mugs of the Female deities/characters - not just anonymous hula girls but gals like Pele, etc.

You know, equal rights for Female Mugs and all of that

DITTO!!! I'd really like to see more female artists making mugs as well.

On 2005-06-17 12:21, Tiki-bot wrote:

On 2005-06-17 11:31, mrs. pineapple wrote:

Hey! It could be like a model kit! Just a box of broken shards and a tube of glue.

If that would fly with us collectors, I could go into business RIGHT NOW!

(...and make a killing....)

T

Nice idea out to TraderWoody aND NICE ONE Tiki-Bot. Munktiki does the color thing but on a smaller scale where the red and black are still super rare.

My friends DigiTiki77 and Towka (fresh minds are nice) thought up an idea for a website where you pick the look of the mug from different chioces and the mug maker will produce it. It probably would cost more but you could have it your way. Could even do contests.

[ Edited by: sonofasonofabeach on 2005-06-17 21:10 ]

I like sonofasonofabeach's idea. Say Nothing... Buy Everything. Was that the general idea?

[ Edited by: Traitor Vic on 2005-06-18 00:02 ]

[ Edited by: sonofasonofabeach 2005-07-08 18:36 ]

T

On 2005-06-17 10:57, Tiki-bot wrote:

This makes me think of a variation that could be based on Poly Pop: A mug that looks like it's been broken and glued back together, with little missing pieces and crack-lines and all.

Looks like someone else had the same idea, though not a tiki mug:

http://www.unicahome.com/catalog/item.asp?id=17510

Pages: 1 24 replies