Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Aggresive competition?

Pages: 1 3 replies

My wife and sister-in-law and I stopped into this weird mexican restraunt here in Lubbock that served ice cold beer and mixed drinks. Any ways I wanted to sample their mai-tai, when I turned to the drinks section... BLACKED OUT. "Huh?". The bar is now closed, forever. I talked to the owner and he told me that his place got broken into and all the liquor was stolen. TABC (Tx alcoholic beverage commision) fined him and shit so he said "forget it". I've delt with TABC when I worked with Miller beer. They (and miller beer)are a bunch of a-holes. So it doesn't surprise me.

And the stinger on this story: I asked him if that since they didn't have a liqour license anymore and didn't plan on getting one again, could I have their tiki mugs. Those bastards stole them as well!!! WTF!?

So I'm going to start hitting thrift stores up by the score and look for these mugs to trickle in.

Booze lic's are a strange thing...and historically about as corrupt as horse racing.

Good thought to keep eyes open for the mugs. It's funny tho...to steel all the booze from a place (not just an easy to carry and get out fast) sure gives the impression that the crooks knew the layout, and had a plan of loading the stuff. (Not typical for some kids or meth freeks who need a few bucks quick)

You might keep eyes open at other bars for the glasses too.

I used to work at a bar where the entire safe was stolen. Coincidentally, the thieves knew where the safe was, the back door was left open, and it was stolen after a top-selling night.

I'd say it was an inside job. I hate people who take what does not belong to them.

Too bad we can't publicly hang and quarter peole anymore.

I used to work at a bar where the entire safe was stolen. Coincidentally, the thieves knew where the safe was, the back door was left open, and it was stolen after a top-selling night.

I'd say it was an inside job. I hate people who take what does not belong to them.

Too bad we can't publicly hang and quarter peole anymore.

Pages: 1 3 replies