Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Tiki and Company, Islamorada, Florida Keys, Islamorada, FL (other)

Pages: 1 8 replies

Name:Tiki and Company, Islamorada, Florida Keys
Type:other
Street:Mile Marker 82.7 Islamorada, Oceanside
City:Islamorada
State:FL
Zip:
Phone:

Description:
Tiki and Company is a small outdoor carving station located on a small lot on the side of U.S. 1 in Islamorada, Mile Marker 82.7 Oceanside (on the left side of the road as you head south). It is located right next door to Ocean Gifts and Hammock Factory. Although the carver was not in that day (Sunday), his tikis were on display for sale in front of his very primitive, yet obviously very functional carving station set up under a canopied area, with lots of cypress and palm logs in the back. In talking with the owner of the Hammock Factory next door (who also does woodcarving), the carver uses mainly chainsaws.

This is not a storefront; the entire location is outdoors.

Photos will be posted when film is developed.

I actually bought a tiki from these guys a month ago while driving up from Key West, and still haven't received it (in NJ). Anyone have any contact info for them?

Here are some pics from the place. The last pic is from the Village Gourmet about two businesses down. They have a bunch of tikis carved by the same guy. Both places are worth checking out. Don't have a contact number though..

..and where the hell was this guy in the late 90's when we used to visit miami and florida often???......would have love to see this along the roadside on the way to key west !!

On 2009-06-24 05:22, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
..and where the hell was this guy in the late 90's when we used to visit miami and florida often???......would have love to see this along the roadside on the way to key west !!

he was there,well maybe not the same guy. there have been a number of differnt carvers at that mm 83 stop i think for a while now . I got my first one from there in '91.
I still stop there every year to check for anything new.I have a pen around here somewhere with all his info,plus phone # ,I'll look for it.

these from the mid 90's

late 90's

this one 2002 /2003

this little table was 2006

and this one ,I'm told by the guy who gave it to me years ago(my first tiki by the way ) came from the same location in the late 60's or early 70's

"Pets are welcome,Children 'MUST' be on leash" TD

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2009-06-24 08:49 ]

damn...trumped again by tiki david. :)

am I in trouble again?

L

Tiki David for the win!

MG

I also bought a Tiki from Tiki and company in Islamorada in the beginning of June 09 and i did get a delivery yesterday!. i was sadden to hear that they had a death in the company and became backed-up with deliveries. I will be going back to Islamorada next year and i will be buying another one or two tiki's from tiki and company.
Have a great day,
Moon God

[ Edited by: Moon God 2009-08-05 04:51 ]

Pages: 1 8 replies