Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

ebay: Bakersfield Mugs on ebay

Pages: 1 10 replies

Here are the "Bamboo Chopsticks" mugs I mentioned in a previous post. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=729657445
Although it's off the beaten track, the Bamboo Chopsticks has been a Central California landmark since the 1930s. The cocktail lounge is famous for their mai-tais.
Take a look and I hope you'll bid.

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2002-11-04 14:13 ]

M

Hmmm, my assumption, incorrect, was you'd list them individually. Oh well, maybe I win 'em and sell the others. Good luck with them, welcome to Tiki Central.

midnite

I'll buy one from you midnite!

So I assume it wasn't all that smart of me to think that a set would be more valuable....live and learn i guess

M

Cool stuff. I picked up a Bamboo Chopsticks mug a few months ago at the Goodwill 2 blocks away from the place! I was very excited to find something tiki from Bakerstown, where my father was born and grandfather still lives. I remember walking out of the Goodwill and wondering if the place was still around. Then I looked up and saw this huge sign looming over the street. duh! When I went in, I discovered the bar is completely de-tiki'd, very pink and blue neon "Miami Viceish". Surely they no longer serve the mugs...do they? I was freaked out and didn't stick around.

-martin

M

So I assume it wasn't all that smart of me to think that a set would be more valuable....live and learn i guess

Yeah, the single mug will always do better than a set of "--". That has been my experience on Ebay, as buyer and seller. They'll sell, fer sure.

:drink:
midnite

I've revised my listing on eBay...selling one mug...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=729657445

thanks for the input

Don't know if this is of any interest to anyone, but Mark Thomas' Outrigger used to use these mugs too, though obviously with their name on them. I'm pretty sure the Tonga room used to as well, but don't have the mug to back that up. Any other bars use this particular 3 Tiki head mug?

Trader Woody

This mug was used EVERYWHERE it seems. A few other places not mentioned: Trader Dick's, The Islander and Latitude 20. I believe it was Doctor Z who mentioned he already has 12 different name variations of this mug in this post:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=1514&forum=5&7

*** * * The Polynesian Popster * * ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2002-10-31 08:08 ]

Ah, I'd misread Dr Z's post as his having 15 differently designed 3-faced mugs as opposed to 15 of the same mug with different logos on 'em. (If you see what I mean).

Another point, this must be the mug most likely to be turned into a plant-pot. How many have little holes drilled in the bottom or remnants of soil in them?

Trader Woody

I picked up a mug just like that on ebay, minus the name of where it came from. I misread the description and thought I was going to get Three mugs with different faces. I was a litttle bummed when the package came and it was one mug with three faces. I thought I was getting a decent deal at 15 clams. In fact, I was going to put one under the drill and make a planter since I thought I was getting three. I changed my mind when I realized my mistake. The moral of the story read before you bid and dont do drugs.

Chongolio

Pages: 1 10 replies