Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

King Kukulele Presents Tiki Taix XIV on June 24th, 2005.

Pages: 1 5 replies

Friday June 24th, 2005 10PM No Cover

This month our loungy luau is treated to a surprise visitor from the North, Iuka Grogg and he’ll be joined by ukulele wiz-kid Bill Tapia! At age 97, Bill is the worlds oldest ukulele wiz-kid and charming too. Join in the fun with “Los Tres Ukuleles- Bill, Iuka, and King”

Bill “Tappy” Tapia is just back from Hawaii playing to crowds of 15,000! Come see him in an intimate setting as he knocks your socks off with his ukulele jazz solos and thrills you with stories of Hollywood in the Golden Era.

AND

Iuka Grogg returns to Tiki Taix after many months abroad. Listen to the voice and ukulele of the Mai Kai Gents as he sings you classics from Hawaiian yesteryears. Take this time to welcome him back to Tiki Taix and if you like you can pick up your very own copy of the recently released debut CD of The Mai Kai Gents featuring the Mysterious Miss Maona Loa!

ALSO

Our live Tiki satellite will be picking up a signal from the haunts of Iuka Grogg in the Napa Valley. This is scheduled to be a very rare look inside the inner workings of Iuka Groggs secret facility in the hills of Northern California.

PLUS

King Kukulele and the Friki Tikis will welcome a special visitor from Japan with the ancient traditional song “Sakura”. Riki Kon Tiki will then attempt, for the first time since November 3rd, 2001 the incredibly difficult song, “Ohaaaa”!

AND

We’ll just call this segment the “Jr. Hukilau” as a cast of 100’s (well actually 70) dance a hula to the classic Hapa Haole tune “The Hukilau Song”. Here’s the fun part, its actually a school recital performed by 70 kindergardeners…these events are happening all across the land in schools everywhere, but this short video clip is from Seal Beach California, June 22nd, 2005.

ALSO

Trader Vic Chapter 2-- Vic himself once told the wildly dramatic tale of his heroic search for a real buffalo to cook for a visiting dignitary from a far away land. We don’t know if Trader Vic was aware of the fact, but his story has been recorded in its entirety. At Tiki Taix we will present Chapter 1 of this epic saga and give the audience a little insight into the storytelling talents of the one and only Trader Vic.

Join us for this one night only night one time. We'll be at Tiki Taix 1911 Sunset Blvd. in Echo Park 90026 One block north of the lagoon.

KUKULELE?????? I was told this would be a KINKYLADY show! Oh, well. As long as Bill Tapia's gonna strum his uke, I'll be there! Thanks for setting up these great shows, KK.

-Weird Unc

I'm going to try to make it to this one with my wife, and maybe my older daughter.

MG

sEe yA TheRe, yO!

Bill Tapia was awesome last time, I'll see if we can make it.

[ Edited by: cheekygirl on 2005-06-24 19:51 ]

IG

Super time, King Kukulele! Thanks for continuing to offer such fine shows on a monthly basis. I can't wait for this month's edition. It was fun meeting some Tiki Centralites that I hadn't encountered yet. See y'all at Tiki Taix on July 29!

-Iuka Grogg

Pages: 1 5 replies