Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

"Forbidden Paradise" Tiki event in Germany

Pages: 1 1 replies

Thought I'd pass this along...

"Forbidden Paradise" - Tiki Exposition

This is the theme for a touring exhibition presented by the young and ambitious advertising company SPIELRAUM in collaboration with swedish lifestyle brand WESC clothing.

he exhibition will take place at WESC concept stores in both Munich and Regensburg. WESC clothing has been combining young lifestyles and subcultures such as music, skateboarding or clubbing successfully for already 6 years right now. They are always looking for young and groundbreaking artists to present their work in WESC concept stores worldwide.

The two designers of Regensburg based advertising company SPIELRAUM, Kai Sarnes and Michael Hanauer, are now introducing this tradition in Germany’s first WESC concept stores in Munich and Regensburg.

The exhibits created by the two designers are pieces of art in the style of tradtional “Tiki” statues that can be found on isles in the south seas. “Tikis” are wooden sculptures with the shape of a god carved in it and they are ment to be some kind of a talisman. Our two artists use chainsaws to create their wooden works of art.
But besides the sculptures (available in various sizes) they will also be showing and selling various textiles and canvas with printed illustrations inspired by islands and the sea.

Well, you are curious now? Here’s your chance to catch an impression of the artwork:

July 4th to July 30th at the WESC concept store, Wahlenstraße 2 in Regensburg
Shop Hours: Mo - Fr: 11am to 7 pm

or

August 8th to September 3rd at the WESC concept store, Fürstenfelder Straße 12 in Munich
Shop Hours: Mo - Sat: 10:30 am to 7:30 pm

For more Information on the exhibition please feel free to contact us:

Spielraum Grafik und Werbung OHG
Asternweg 3, 93053 Regensburg

Online:

www.spielraum-werbung.de
[email protected]

I like what WESC stands for

http://forum.snowboardermag.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=14877&Main=14877

that would be a good monnicker for the Tiki cult...

I'll be near Munich when the show moves there, maybe I can do a book signing at the store...but the BOT is out of print in Germany right now, damn...

Maybe I can sign some of their product, like this:

http://www.nelly.se/produkt_valjaren.asp?VID=30

Pages: 1 1 replies