Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

shag merchandise for Disney Ann.

Pages: 1 16 replies

K

What is the number for the Disneyana Store on Main Street, so I can try and get the merchandise on the 25th.

Hi kbgator,

Rule seems to be that you can't call any of the individual stores, but if you call Disney Delivears at 1-800-362-4533, they will call the Disneyana store while they have you on the line and check availability for you. That's how I was checking on Pele mugs back when the shipments were few and far between.

Sabu

K

thanks SABU. Hopefully some things might be left after Friday's event

I wandered in on Sunday morning and there were a lot of things left...except the tin lunch box that I wanted. Shirts were left, tiki mugs (tho the quanity I saw was very low), prints (even the $995 set - out of my league), picture books, cups, saucers, frames....lots.

MT

On 2005-06-28 17:11, BettyBleu wrote:
I wandered in on Sunday morning and there were a lot of things left...except the tin lunch box that I wanted.

That lunchbox hasn't been released yet, due to a production snafu - it is supposed to be released sometime in August. And I believe that they made quite a few more lunchboxes than 50th Anniversary Tiki Mugs (1955 lunchboxes as compared to 500 tiki mugs), so you should be able to snag a lunch box no problem.

As of Sunday afternoon, they were sold out of all of the Tiki mugs, and the Aloha shirts in L and XL. They had plenty of other sizes though, including XXL. They had plenty of all the other merchandise too, including the serigraphs.

K

does anyone know how I can pick one tiki mug up at a reasonable price, or trade?

Anyone expecting a baby girl here who might be persuaded to name her Disney Ann?
Because that's what I thought when I saw the name of this thread...and that someone was throwing a ShAg shower for her. :)

M

PJ,
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

K

very good, purplejade

T

On 2005-06-29 20:28, purple jade wrote:
Anyone expecting a baby girl here who might be persuaded to name her Disney Ann?
Because that's what I thought when I saw the name of this thread...and that someone was throwing a ShAg shower for her. :)

Sorry - we are stopping for a while now....

A

I got my mug today but I have to say I'm a bit dissapointed. Yes, the mug is hella cool and all, but it was made in China instead of the guys and gals down at "The Farm". I guess Disney didn't need Tiki Farm this time around? Even though I love the design it DOES seem to not be as heavy as a Shag Tiki Farm mug. Oh well, life will go on.

I got my mug last week, and I have to agree with you aquaorama, it isn't nearly as heavy as the mugs made by the farm.

I do have to say, though, I really dig the skull on the mug. :)

I'm waiting for some of the other stuff I ordered from D-Land to get here. I'll post some more info when it comes in.

M

Where are you getting the Mugs? E-Bay seems kinda pricey. I'm not ready to spend so much after hearing your comments.

Don't get me wrong, it's REALLY cool looking. It just dosen't have that really "heavy" feel that the Tiki Farm Shag / Disney mugs have. I broke down and spent the big bucks on Ebay, but I think if you give it a few days they'll come down a bit. Ebay is friggen overloaded with right now! Overall, great looking mug, just a bit on the non-heavy side. Also, is it just me or does it just look wayyyy too much like Drei Moai? From the 3 legs and faces to the over flowing rim...Hmmmm...

I also broke down and paid the big bucks on the'bay as well.
I called D'land that Monday and got a couple of things, but I knew the mug would be sold out.
I've seen a few here and there since then for like 85 bucks, which had I known I would have waited. Que sera..

It really is an amazing mug. I was just agreeing that they are a little different from the Tiki Farm mugs we are all used to seeing.

This one does look a bit like the Drei Moai. I actually have them close together on my shelf and I think they need to be moved apart a bit now that I look at it closely.

I have an additional Shag Disneyland mug, in the original box, that I'd sell to a TC member for
Good deal.
PM me if interested.

Sorry folks, it's gone.

[ Edited by: hioutput 2005-07-11 11:56 ]

I bought one of the mugs today. I got it for $50. It was larger than I thought it would be, but not as heavy or durable feeling as the Tiki Farm mugs. All and all, its a pretty cool piece.

Pages: 1 16 replies