Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

The Wonderful World of Woofmutt

Pages: 1 26 replies

I went to add my recent Woofmutt art purchase to
his creating tiki thread - and I can't seem to find one.
But clearly he needs one - so here goes!

I'm pretty sure last weekend was Woofmutt's first official
appearance as an artist - but I'll let him tell that story if he wants to...

After last weekend's NW Tiki Crawl, Kim and
I were extremely pleased to come home with this treasure -

[ Edited by Humuhumu to correct spelling of woofmutt's name in title ]

[ Edited by: Humuhumu on 2005-07-01 19:45 ]

Very cool. I like the way he looks old and forgotten but the yellow light in his eyes looks like he's ready to be re-awakened.Jeez, that sounded corny.

Very cool Woofmutt, I always knew you were holding out on Tiki Central! But I can't tell what the medium is. It looks kinda 3 dimensional to me. Carving? Painting? Sculpture of some sort? I'd love to see more. Thanks for sharing Tiki through the eyes of Woofmutt with us Tikitronic.

K

That looks rad i love it.. great work

here's my Woofmutt ~ the first of many, i hope!

I love this stuff! Woofmutt? Post some more!

B

I agree we NEED to see More Woofmutt art. Who has it? Can we all see it all?

D

i've offered him a digital camera...but i think he's shy :o

maybe he'll relent with some peer pressure.

H

Here's the woofmutt piece I won at last year's crawl:

We also bought one of his pieces at this year's crawl, and won two more! I'll take some pics of those and get those posted in the next couple days.

Here's three lovely woofmutt pieces Puamana and I picked up at the NW Tiki Crawl.

w/ frame, about 8" tall

also w/ frame, about 8" tall

w/ stand about 12" tall

D

EGAAADS! I freakin LOVE those last three!!!

My Woofmutt take from the 2005 Tiki Crawl:

Also, I'm officially laying a tentative claim to the first TC post of a woofmutt original here.

On 2005-06-27 22:52, monkeyskull wrote:
Also, I'm officially laying a tentative claim to the first TC post of a woofmutt original here.

I've got you beat by a couple months!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=9632&forum=4&vpost=98987

T

Nice stuff. My favorite is the first links first piece. Its all looks to be done out of clay or cement. Cement for that bottm gray Moai.

I was just think yesterday that I need to do more like this stuff and branch out some.

Nice Tronic - that should be hanging on my wall and you know it paly! Actually I have two myself that I bought that I am quite pleased with. Pretty amazing mixed media sculpture. Each three dimensionally sculpted piece comes framed on various fabric background. I remember Purple fur, a tapa style. various burlaps and Hawaiian prints. I know what he is making them out of but I will alow the master himself to reveal his secret to the world (if he wants to that is). Keep it up man - I love it!!!

Oh - here's my two pieces:

[ Edited by: Maori_man on 2005-06-28 15:40 ]

[ Edited by: Maori_man on 2005-06-28 16:55 ]

T

Cool. Love the way they look

W

A little bird in my email told me about this thread...

Thanks all for the comments! And it means a lot to me that that those who bought my stuff still liked it when sober.

The peoples at the NorthWest Tiki Crawl not only blew me away with their comments and feedback (I haven't said "Thank You!" so much since highschool graduation) but their purchasing of my work sent me into a surreal realm I'm still not back from. Again, thanks.

Some already asked questions answered plus an answer to one no one has asked:

Woofmutt Stuff and Junk Like That is not on line yet as far as selling. I hope to be soon. Currently I have a dial up connection and an old iMac. (The reason I don't hit the image heavy forums like this one often.) Yes, I know, the stone age. But there's a recorded message that I sometimes try to make funny at: 206-333-DORK

The carvings are made from a mixture of marshmallow cream, almond nougat, and white chocolate fudge. Willy Wonka has been a huge inspiration to me.

11-12 depending on who makes the shoe and where it's made.

Most my pieces are small because the world is already full of lotsa things.

Those of you that like can get on a Woofmutt Stuff and Junk Like That mailing list for when/if things get going American capitalist big: woofmutt at yahoo dot com

Thanks. Really. No, really, thanks.

The two Woofmutt pieces we picked up at the crawl:

Woofmutt wrote:

The carvings are made from a mixture of marshmallow cream, almond nougat, and white chocolate fudge.

Damn I'm in trouble!
Any chance of a low carb version?
So much for the diet. Edible tiki art :wink:
Some yummy stuff there Woofmutt!

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2005-06-29 22:54 ]

Cool stuff, woofmutt. I really like that skull and cross bones. You need to post this stuff more!

M

Here's one of the two that we picked up -
A fab skull'n'bones that is on the front of our new Buccaneer Bathroom door...

H

Here's the woofmutt piece we bought at the Alibi during the NW Tiki Crawl:

And here's the set we won in the raffle:

E

I like the one with the tongue that Dogbytes owns. I am suddenly remembering an old conversation with Woofmutt about my tiki room and his artwork...

here woofie...c'mere boy...

D

Woofmutt agreed to make a custom sign for my Tiki Room. i guess i should have been more specific. and checked his spelling!

the fine print says "wasting away again in Margarita-ville" and "international buffett boosters"

luckily that was the backside.. the real deal is:

it's made of foam, the letters are individually cut out and mounted off from the surface. its very Flintstone-y and wonderful!!

D

i bought a bunch of Woofmutt's Stuff & Junk like this ~ at the yard sale:

foam tikis mounted in small frames with neat tapa, grasscloth and rattan backings.

itsybitsy tiki

Handbags:

W

Thanks for the pics.

Because of the dead links in this thread and it bein' in the wrong forum I started the Woofmutt Stuff & Junk Like That thread over in Other Crafts

In the future I'd appreciate any pics or accusations about my work being posted in the new thread.

you want me to repost there? i dragged up the oldest thread i could remember!

Pages: 1 26 replies