Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Crazy Shirts

Pages: 1 0 replies

I have been a fan of Crazy Shirts.. http://www.crazyshirts.com .. (Hawaiian based company) since the mid 80's. My tee shirt drawer has nothing but Crazy Shirts, 'cause they last so long! Their specialty tees are dyed with really cool stuff to give the "right" color. These shirts are a bit more expensive than those you find 6 for $10... the specialty dyed ones go for $29, but last forever.

Of special attention are the tee shirts dyed with Rum, Blue Curacao liqueur, Key Lime, Hemp, Crater (lava dirt), Pale Ale beer, wine, or Kona Coffee. You can actually smell it in the shirts, especially when they are new, and the sun is making them hot.

I got a Rum dyed shirt last year with "The Perfect Mai Tai" decal. The rum gives it a rich brown coloring. Pictured is a Tiki Mug, and the statement "Perfect Mai Tai: A shot of Rum, a splash of Gold, shake to the Rhythum of the Islands". Its one of my favorite tee shirts.

The Blue curacao shirts are a beautiful shade of blue, and feature some great hula ladies.

The newest design of importance is Crater dyed. Its called "Lava Larry's". There are two tiki's and a volcano on the backside.. very tastefully done.

For those of you at Hukilau of last year, in the Pale Ale section you will find one called "Hurricane Hanks".

Check out their webpage, and be sure to get a catalog. The individual stores (mainly in the islands and touristy spots of California) carry more / different designs than the catalog, and usually depict the location of the store.

(I am not affiliated with Crazy Shirts in anyway.. just love their stuff!)

Aloha,
Myke

Pages: 1 0 replies