Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Non-tiki, but still cool, swizzle sticks

Pages: 1 14 replies

H

Hanford & I found this lot of swizzle sticks in a thrift shop in Bend, OR. We bought the set to get three tiki swizzles I posted about here, but we've had a great time looking through some of the other cool ones in the box. We're not sure what we're going to do with the rest, we'll probably keep a few of them, we may throw a bunch up on eBay for the heck of it.

Vegas/Reno/Lake Tahoe swizzles:

Canada swizzles:
(for the life of us, we can not figure out what the heck that thing is supposed to be on the Jasper Park one... is it a stylized Native American design? a cannon? a bayonet? a submarine? a necktie???)

And the rest:

This one is simple but it's become my personal favorite, it's clear with gold glitter in it, and it's from the Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles (that's where Robert Kennedy was assassinated). It's fancy, and morbid!:

Canada swizzles:
(for the life of us, we can not figure out what the heck that thing is supposed to be on the Jasper Park one... is it a stylized Native American design? a cannon? a bayonet? a submarine? a necktie???)

I'm pretty sure it's an old style railroad signal.

The Jasper Lodge was built by CN (Canadian National) Rail to rival the CP (Canadian Pacific) Rail's luxury hotels in Banff and Lake Louise. Great find, they all look great!!

T

Wow, good call Pepe le Tiki! And nice swizzles, Hanfohumu.

H

Wow, thank you, Pepe le Tiki! We never would have figured that out, but it matches that photo perfectly. Very cool, and thanks for the backstory, too.

Glad I could help! Looks like someone had a nice luxury holiday in the Canadian Rockies!

DZ

On 2005-06-29 09:55, HanfoHumu wrote:

That's too good a username to not register it! Hanford & Humu, I was going to make you guess who this really is but I'll just PM you with the password.

You forget that, as moderators, they already know who you are!

D

Is Hamfohumu like "Bennifer",or"TomKat"???

H

On 2005-06-29 13:38, docwoods wrote:
Is Hamfohumu like "Bennifer",or"TomKat"???

God, I hope not.

T

I prefer "HumuFord" actually.

that is TOO cute!

you know, in tiki central terms, you two are married now...

:o

On 2005-06-29 14:36, dangergirl299 wrote:
that is TOO cute!

you know, in tiki central terms, you two are married now...

:o

They're sort of like Reeses Peanut Butter Cups: They're two great tastemakers that make great taste together! Not that I want to actually taste either of them...

MG

Here's one I picked up at the Cruz show a couple weeks ago.

My Savage Renewal post is of my Tiki Swizzles, but here're my Non-Tiki Swizzles:

On the left is a Musso & Frank Grill spear, then from top to bottom: the Frontier Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada, the Hotel Riviera, Las Vegas, the Desert Inn Hotel, Las Vegas, and a Fred Harvey spear.

On top from Left to Right: a JAL Bamboo stirrer, a Swizzle Stick Thermomiter from Instrument Labratory ("Iced Drinks are best when chilled to the right temprature. Stir until thermomiter says 'GO' then drink and enjoy the improved flavor"), and 2 glass christmas-themed swizzles.

Below those are: the Tokyo Prince Hotel and a Raffles Hotel, Singapore, pick.

MT

That Playboy swizzle stick sure is kewl! I know a certain fez wearing member of T-C who would like that if you ever decide to part with it!

On 2005-09-16 16:23, Mai Tai wrote:
That Playboy swizzle stick sure is kewl! I know a certain fez wearing member of T-C who would like that if you ever decide to part with it!

I have 12 of them in back if that member would like me to bring one for them to the Hukilau just PM me.

Pages: 1 14 replies