Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

How lucky am I?

Pages: 1 6 replies

P

I get to mix and master the new Haole Kats! CD today.
Later this week - recording some of The Crazed Mugs stuff.

Jeff Berlin is playing bass on "My Mug Collection."

If this stuff keeps happening, I'll have a buzz on from dawn to dawn.

So does that mean you've finished most of the recording, or do you do it all as you go?

Can't wait to hear some!

P

BTW - if you have a Roland VS-890 - kill yourself.

Or - you can come over to the studio and lay your tracks down.

Just sayin' is all.

P

Don't drink and mix.
I didn't.
Sooo....The mixes are sounding very sweet.

Kanekila: I want pablus to have my baby.

Wholly Cat: I'm sick of this shit, I wanna go home.

Haole Kat: The pool is nice. I'm not mixing so I can drink as much as I want and luckily there's more beer left.

Back to me: I think the resonator guitar is quite possibly the best sound on earth... right there with ice clinking on the side of the glass.

Wait until you hear this stuff.

All: ALOHA!!

K

Pablus is right -- resonator guitar is suh-weeeeeeeeeeeeeet...

And I want to publicly thank him on behalf of all the Haole Kats for being the pebble in our shoe to get us over to his butt-kickin' studio to do our mixing and mastering. The boy is a WIZARD behind a mixing desk.

Also, another thanks to Pablus for the WAY cool Hawaiian Lap Steel 1927-38 CD! Yowza! Cool stuff... wait till you hear this, braddah...

We're really psyched to be able to have this CD ready to bring to Exotica, and of course, we'll have it at Hukilau, too. It's sounding great.

Aloha!
Kanekila

To sit in the studio and watch Pablus work at the console is akin to having a front row seat at a Ziegfried & Roy show.... "Slick Magic"... As Billy Preston was to the Beatles is as Braddah Pablus is to Haole Kats.Thanks to the staff at Media Central Studios for all their help and putting up with us running around the compound for 2 days. It truly is a Musicians "Disney World"... Congrats on your health related triumphs as tough as that can be.The training for your success obviously came from being a Cleveland Browns fan all these years.There are not enough Mahalos on any island to thank you properly so I will try to repay you with this promise " In the future the band will try and bring enough toys for Josh to play with so that all the studio's instuments will get a break and be free from his abuse" Deal ???
Thanks, Braddah !!!

How lucky are WE is more like it...thanks, bro!

J
http://www.whollycatsband.com

Pages: 1 6 replies