Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki's and Terrors September 3rd and Baron Shivers of the Ghastly Ones

Pages: 1 35 replies

D

"Tiki's and Terrors" Group Show & Spooky Luau Sat Aug. 6th was amazing!!!
thank you to all the Artists, and to all who participated and helped out like our Beverage Sponsors: REDRUM and White Rabbit and thank you again to
all who came out to the exhibition opening!!!

and to show our appreciation the "Tiki's and Terrors" Group Show & Spooky Luau Closing Reception is Sat Sep. 3rd 8pm til Midnight or later

Paintings, Prints, Tiki Carvings, Sculptures, Drawings by: Sam Gambino, Crazy Al, Tiki King, Dawna Hammond, Tiki Tony, Mike Sosnowski, Amanda Visell, Misha, Dave Cohen of Squid Art, Dave Burke, Pat Mcguire, Dave K, Jamio, Eric Zerkel, Shag, Kalynn Cambell, The Pizz, Glenn Barr, Eric Pigors, D.W. Frydendall, Kevin Gallegly, Meghan McMahon, Adriana Galvez, Miles Thompson, Thomas "Thor" Thordarson, Sandi Sullivan, Don "Kona Kai" Reeves, Flounder, Stacy Lande, and more...

"Kargoyle" and Brett Barris made their appearance!!! Thank You, Maybe they'll do it again.

Live Music by: The Smokin' Menehunes "Let's hear it again!!!" (unfortunately the menehune's are in the jungle creating mischief of their own that night)
however we may have another surprise for you..
Guest DeeJay BARON SHIVERS of The Ghastly Ones will be spinning your favorite surf, garage, lounge, and exotic tunes fit for a spooky Luau. See ya there!

New tiki mugs: Tiki Farm

New editions (vol. 2) of Tiki Magazine

Beverages Sponsored by REDRUM

here is a link of some photos that Jamio took
http://www.jamio.com/tikiterrorweb/index.html

A StuART Gallery
17946 Ventura Blvd,
Encino, CA 91316

Christian Simpson (Curator/Director)
818-609-1772 gallery
818-919-2045 cell
http://www.a-stuart-gallery.com
[email protected]

[ Edited by: DarkTiki on 2005-06-27 13:55 ]

[ Edited by: DarkTiki 2005-09-02 21:41 ]

[ Edited by: DarkTiki 2005-09-02 21:43 ]

T

my eXotic isle paintings will be present.

"Tiki's and Terrors" opening party & Spooky Luau Sat Aug 6th 8pm til Midnight

Paintings, Prints, Tiki Carvings, Sculptures, Drawings by: Sam Gambino, Crazy Al, Tiki King, Dawna Hammond, Tiki Tony, Mike Sosnowski, Amanda Visell, Misha, Dave Cohen of Squid Art, Dave Burke, Pat Mcguire, Dave K, Jamio, Eric Zerkel, Shag, Kalynn Cambell, The Pizz, Glenn Barr, Eric Pigors, D.W. Frydendall, Kevin Gallegly, Meghan McMahon, Stacy Lande, and more

Live Music by: The Smokin' Menehunes

New tiki mugs: Tiki Farm

Beverages Sponsored by REDRUM

show ends September 3rd

A StuART Gallery
17946 Ventura Blvd,
Encino, CA 91316

Christian Simpson (Curator/Director)
818-609-1772 gallery
818-919-2045 cell
http://www.a-stuart-gallery.com
[email protected]

http://www.darkbar.net

Google Map and Directions

[ Edited by: DarkTiki 2005-07-26 18:38 ]

[ Edited by: DarkTiki 2005-07-26 18:40 ]

D

N

Looking forward to attending. Sounds like a great show, Tiki Magazine will be there. Christian has been working his butt off on the show. If you can make it, let's support his hard work.

Many Mahalos Christian,

Nicktiki

This sounds like a great event--Count me in!

Do we need to make any sort of reservation, or can we just show up? Also, is it free, or is there a cover?

Dolphin Tiki

[ Edited by: Dolphin Tiki 2005-07-27 01:54 ]

D

You can just show up, but RSVP's are helpfull

Consider this my RSVP! I'll be there!!!

M

We really appreciate a show like this because there sure aren't many like it that come along!!!

Thank you Christian for the opportunity to present at this show. It'll be bada$$ and the Odell's will be present and accounted for at this event. We're gonna be drivin' down from NorCal. Looking forward to meeting you. @;-)

Rae (and Jamio)

T

I've been cooking up something special these past couple o days, and hopefully we'll be able to pull it off for the opening! It should be a sight to see!!! Swinging Tangaroa babies, squaking toucans, and bubbling volcanos!!

D

Sweet, can't wait.
Mahalo nui loa, Tony

DarkTiki

[ Edited by: DarkTiki 2005-07-30 00:57 ]

This will be quite a show (thanks to Christian). Hey, he's not a tiki, but my "Grandpa" will be there....

http://www.samgambino.com

P

Car 54, where are you?

D

Show updates

go here

http://www.astuartgallery.com

Just a courtesy bump--I still plan to be there!!

I am certainly planning to be there!! Looks great!!

Lady V and I will be there.

Can't wait! See everyone on Saturday!

The tiki with the cat on the forehead, sold at Stat's, would be perfect for this "Spooky Tiki" event.

B

We will also be there.........

M

Hi, just curious for your folks in the area. We got a room at the Tokyo Princess Hotel down the street from the A-Stuart-Gallery gallery. I'm x-ing fingers that it's a decent place, 'cause I can't find any information on it. I liked the name though...silly reason to pick a hotel, I know.

Please tell me, should I bring my own sheets or am I safe?

Rae

H

Mystiki, I live in the area the place is fine you don't need sheets. It is quiet interesting looking from the outside, you are in for a treat. But you will have fun. Maybe I will see you all.

OL

Krustiki and I are looking forward to it. See you there...

Wow!! What a great show--some amazingly talented artists in this group! If you didn't get a chance to go last night to the show opening, definitely get over there before the show closes September 3rd!

I like the Crazy Al tiki with the shrunken head.

Can you believe the increase in price in Shag's prints from the Night of the Tiki show?

Tiki farm needs to mass produce the tiki suitcase. It is perfect for the weekend tiki LA getaways.

T
THOR's posted on Sun, Aug 7, 2005 7:31 PM

THANKS Christian and Cherie!!

I was happy to participate in the show....met some great people. Loved ~~~ the art! I look forward to more shows and getting to know you guys!! Enjoy your shrunken head!! I made it with lots of "spirit" locked inside!! Haaa

Magic Wishes~~ THOR

[ Edited by: THOR's 2005-08-07 19:33 ]

M

I just wanted to say we had a wonderful time at TAT. We met so many awesome people and the show was amazing!!! Absolutely top notch, Christian. I was so blown away by all of the artists!!! We took a few pictures, but my crappy camera would only let me take a few, but I would love to share pics with anyone who took pictures of some of the monster art on display. They were towards the back and by time I got back there, my camera space was just about all ran out @;-(

Here's some for your viewing pleasure: http://www.jamio.com/tikiterrorweb/index.html

p.s. We stayed at the Tokyo Princess (I took a few pics) and I just gotta say, this is the cutest, warmest hotel we've ever stayed in SoCal. Highly recommended.

Rae and Jamio

[ Edited by: Mystiki 2005-08-08 08:37 ]

OL

Great shots, Mystiki! Thanks for posting them.

I agree, it was a great night! great shots too Mystiki! I think a friend of mine bought one of your pieces too! Very cool!

M

Wow, gee thanks! Tell your friend, thank you! It was a great perk having Jami's art hung next to the booze and food @;-)

Did anyone get anymore pics of the show?

On 2005-08-08 22:52, suburbanpagan wrote:
I agree, it was a great night! great shots too Mystiki! I think a friend of mine bought one of your pieces too! Very cool!

CA

this was a great night!

Christian and the gallery where quite to host... loved the diverse works... and the Pin Striping!!!!

Hello Everyone,
Thank you for all your kind words, and thanks to all artists, sculpters, and carvers. The show would not have been a success without all of you.

Just reminder to all, that we are having a Closing Party, Saturday September 3rd at 8pm til 12am, we are getting more art and mugs, and possibly having The Smokin' Menehunes back, and a contest for...? (you will find out soon)

keep checking back for more updates

Thank You Again,

Christian and everyone at A StuART Gallery

Contest for costumes in the theme of Tiki's and Terrors:
Best Zombie Tourist
Best Shipwrecked

Prizes and more details will be posted soon

D

Guest DeeJay) BARON SHIVERS of The Ghastly Ones will be spinning your favorite surf, garage, lounge, and exotic tunes fit for a spooky Luau. See ya there!

--
DarkTiki

[ Edited by: DarkTiki 2005-09-02 21:42 ]

D

Thank You, to everyone that came out last night, thanks to all of the artists, and to RedRum and Ole for bringing all the refreshments, and to Baron Shivers for breakin' in my new DJ rig, great job Baron.

See you all later for the Halloween show Oct 29th..more details to come soon

DarkTiki

T
THOR's posted on Sun, Sep 4, 2005 8:35 PM

Christian!!! Aloha's!!!

Thanks again for your wondeful hospitality and I was truly pleased to be amoung some re~~~y cool fellow artists. I met some new friends in Tiki mania and look forward to future shows. Special hello to Dave K., Tim Gore and "Johnny" the pinstriping wizard!!! I love your work..and it was great to hang with you and sip rum concoctions!!
I have not been on a lot here lately due to being in Hawaii showing at the Waikiki g~~~eries... ~~~ is going extremly well and I have enjoyed ~~~ here on TC who share my spirit of adventure and Polynesian fantasy~~

Warm Aloha's!! ~~THOR

Pages: 1 35 replies