Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Steve Crane Mugs

Pages: 1 13 replies

I've seen these mugs many times before but I've never seen them with a lid. Funny, this seller has a lid for all of them! Is this right? The lids don't exactly match the color or style.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=728701257

It's odd the guy states they've 'never been used' but somehow they have 'pinhead-sized spots of wear on the handle'.

What does he take us for, pinheads?

"I don't wanna be a pinhead no more
I just (saw some mugs) that I could go for."

"Gabba Gabba, Hey!"

Uncle Arty

I gotta say, regardless of the sketchiness of the listing, the mugs look pretty cool. Too rich for my blood at the current price, though.

M

Well, ya'll better dig REAL deep if you's wanna score that lot.

I emailed the seller and asked where did you ever come across six of these. Seller failed to answer that question, but did inform me of all the attention the auction has attracted. One "ebayer" (not I, are you kidding!?!)went as far as to offer $500 to end the auction.

The lids are wrong, those are lids go to the condiment bowls at Kon-Tiki/Luau. No way anything that old is unused unless it comes ithe original box.

Neat mugs, will go for at least $300+, and I am probably low on that estimate. Another seller making the mistake of listing them as a 'set"...won't get the full value by selling all six at once.

Uncle Arty: Ramones! Gabba Hey, they are all dying aren't they? :(

midnite

The lid is bullshid- Look at the back of the BOT, this mug served the Coffee Grog, flamin', and is very thick. The lids actually look like they came from the Luau/Kon Tiki ceramic coconut CONDIMENT jars, which you can make out on the table of the Luau interior, BOT page 102 (with a magnifying glass), they don't even seem to fit, the mug gets conically narrower right at the rim.

My guess is this seller found some old stock from the Chicago Kon Tiki Ports, and it must have the jars missing, or why would he ad the lids to the mugs...? Actually, I will ask him!

midnite_tiki wrote:
The lids are wrong, those are lids go to the condiment bowls at Kon-Tiki/Luau.

bigbrotiki wrote:
The lids actually look like they came from the Luau/Kon Tiki ceramic coconut CONDIMENT jars...

100 Tiki-points for midnite & bigbro! Yes, here's what it should look like:

SugarCaddyDaddy

G
GECKO posted on Wed, Oct 30, 2002 2:16 PM

EWW those are some nice mugs. They're not repos are they? How about the bowl the same seller has on, thats pretty too! does anyone know what the bowls go for?

Also there are some bar stools that look like witco under "tiki bar" on the ebay search.I don't know the auction # right now. But if someone could post it here would be great.I'm not to good at that. They don't have tikis carved onto them but the wood grain and design looks exactly like witco. I know Bigbro gotta know this.

Mahaloz

Hey Gecko, post a report/critique of the Tiki Bar and Grill (as it's own Topic), it opened last weekend, didn't it? I'm curious.

I have been watching those bar stools, but the reserve isn't met yet at 204.49.
I am not very good with posting pics either, But the item numer is 728367289. The seller sent me close up pics and the grain does look like Witco. They are cool stools !

"TIKI MASK" bar stools? Why don't they ad "Eames! Panton!" and all those other surfer snares. I just hope the person who is bidding that much already knows and loves Witco, and appreciates them for that, because if they fall for the above description, they're gonna have to carve those masks in themselves when they get those puppies!

This guy seems to really be scamming unsuspecting tiki collectors...it is a shame that people are going to shell over so much money for these "interesting" rare mugs...
:roll:

G

I new those were Witco. No tiki mask but still nice.

Yes, I have been wanting to check out this new Tikis grill & bar. But I been bizzy although I finally finished this big bamboo job I had yesterday...thank you lord thank you! because now have time to get back to my art as well as the art of sucken em up!

If I can get my a$$ away from LaMariana's I'll go check out this new place and post how i feel about it. I'll email da "Sugar Cane Caddy" with some digital pictures of da new place as well as LaMariana to post.

brahda Weird Unc from the MaiKai Gents.. (MaiTai Drunks)will be on these beautiful islands on the 8th and will be having his debut LaMariana performance on Friday. I will take pictures and post them then.

He will be entertainig(sp?) me and my girlfriend. (I hate f---ing spelling) (Need to get a dam spell check on dis dam site fo da NATIVES) So I sound as smart as da rest of my mainland friends...anyways Weird Unc is acting like he's not excited but I can tell he's going craaaazy! Wassup Unc! how many mo days brahda? haha

So yes Bigbro, I'll get some pictures as well as tell you guys how I feel about this new place. When I'm Pau Hana (finish work) I might stop ova this week and try da MaiTai at da new Tikis grill & bar. If OA did it as well as a few Crazzzy Al's work I'm sure it's da kine!

untill then, Shootz!

Pages: 1 13 replies