Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

"Metal" Tiki?

Pages: 1 19 replies

H
hewey posted on Tue, Jun 28, 2005 3:30 AM

Cool. Love Metallic and love tiki!

Not sure if they go together - but who cares!

T

Metallic was good but they must have ran out of material for their shirts, just like their music. THis is just a non-fan.

Not tiki at all, for what I can see. At least majority of Metallic fans would know. The shirt is brown lumps with teeth.

I wonder if the design was done by this guy
http://www.dirtydonny.com/home.html he also painted a piano and some other cool stuff for the band.

Here is a pic from his site

It seems Metallica is into tiki. During their rockumentary, you can spot several tikis. Metallica and tikis RULE!

The artist is Tony Squindo.

[ Edited by: Turbogod on 2005-06-28 10:30 ]

James Hetfield joined the car club "Beatniks from Koolsville" in which Von Franco is a member. There is the Metallica/Tiki connection.

M

Hetfield also purchased two pieces at the Tiki Art Now show in SF.

DZ

James Hetfield and I were born on the same day.

T

From the subject line, I thought, "What's so wrong about a metal tiki?" Oh, that kind of metal.

GIS for "metal tiki":

This image came from a nifty page of OSX icons:
http://www.f2sys.net/portfolio/icons/icons_xtiki.php

Metal Tiki's Rawk!!! I am currently making some Authentic Hawaiin Chrome Tiki KneePads for James as we speak. It is a gift for being clean and sober on his sobriety birthdate.

James Hetfield and I got clean together a few years back. Unfortunately for me I only lasted maybe an hour or so. I am very proud of him.

Some other stars I have made custom Kneepads for are Eddie Van Halen and Bob #1 and Bob #2 of Devo etc....

Alot of famous corporate stars do not have scabs on their knee's because of me

[ Edited by: CaptainKneePads Tiki on 2005-06-28 21:58 ]

D

i was googling and found this Metallica Tiki Totem

from Bill Bamm's Collectibles

i guess this is an artist's idea of what Lars, Robert, James and Kirk would look like, tikified. not my thing, but thought i'd find a thread to add to!

I love tiki and I always liked metallica but this sort of thing worries me. What's next, a slam pit at an Ape show?

B
OL

I saw a couple of those bobble-heads at the Lucky Tiki art show last week. They're pretty cool.

J
john posted on Mon, Sep 12, 2005 8:20 PM

found this kewl metallica tiki short on their website
-john

Too f%&king cool!

Topics merged.

I was working the West Coast Kustoms Car Show in Paso Robles, CA this weekend. We had to set up at 5:30 am. I just unloaded the truck and starting setting up the booth when as I'm unpacking some tikis and tiki mugs a gentleman walks up and asks if he can take a quick look at them. As I am rapping with the guy, I suddenly realize it's James Hetfield. He was all greased back hair, goatee, sporting his Beatniks Car Klub gear. I asked him if he was a tiki collector, he said he's been into tikis as long as he could remember. Before I could ask him about his collection, two loudmouth dorks busted in yelling, "HOLY SH#T!! YOU'RE THAT DUDE FROM METALLICA!!" Poor guy had a total "deer in the headlights" look on his face. He told me he'd be back later, and the two dudes followed him down the street, amped up, mooking him the whole way. He never came back so I'll have to wait until next time. He did take my biz card though. :)

Pages: 1 19 replies