Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

SAT Nov. 2 The Cheap Show!!!

Pages: 1 4 replies

Don't miss this upcoming Special Event at the
4th Street Gallery
118 West 4th Street (between Main & Spring next to the Quizno's)
Los Angeles 90013

Saturday November 2 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Art Is Cheap: The Cheap Art Show*
Paintings, Drawings, and Other Stuff to Hang on Walls

FEATURING WORK BY
Richard Ankrom, Ellen Bloom, Chicken Boy, Sandra Chang, Mark Durham, Rob Hasick, Jin H. Ji, Gary Leonard, Eric Lynxwiler, Ted Meyer, Stuart Rapeport, Mary-Margaret Stratton, and Mary Woronov

Also, some thrift store paintings, scary clown paintings, a velvet painting or two, cool books, arty videos, plus other groovy accoutrements

*$50 and Under € Cash, Checks, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, even Discover

in the main gallery space:
Adventures in the Angel City
Photography by Tom Zimmerman

info [email protected] or call (323) 660-0620
or the Gallery at 310.277.9698

Why is this a tiki Event? Because there will be Live Entertainment by King Kukulele and C.B. Howlie of the Thurston Howlies around 2:45 ish
Also because my friend Ellen Bloom is a tiki painter! http://www.ellenbloom.net/ - i don't know if she will feature any of her tiki paintings or not? but please support this cool indie artist event!

Wow! I am glad to see that Chicken Boy is still around.

Chicken Boy is the event producer!

What a coincidence. Just the other day I was showing someone my Chicken Boy Pet Fez and telling the Chicken Boy story. Here is the fez as it appears in an ancient Chicken Boy catalog:

The Pet Fez also fits nicely on a tiki.

Here is Chicken boy in his glory:

Here is Chicken Boy being removed from his perch in 1984:

I wonder how the old guy is doing...

Thank you to King Kukulele who put on a great show as always. Kuke and C.B. Howlie brought the tiki spirit to the streets of L.A.!
It was also great to see Tiki Centralites supporting art in Downtown... Floratina and even Iuka Grogg were there!

Pages: 1 4 replies