Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Experimental tiki

Pages: 1 13 replies

OK, found piece of driftwood; new chainsaw, spare five minutes=tiki test time!
Carved this guy in less than an hour, although I couldn't do much, there was lots of sand imbedded in the wood, that caused sparks with the chainsawr. Played with stains a bit, sanded minimally. Voila, 1 common garden tiki.
Actually this was a test to see how fast I could complete a tiki, compared to my previous, multi-month long deals.
I believe this was pine, was soft as buttah!

W

Hell, I'd buy it as is!

I may need to get my baby chainsaw out and play around a bit....

B

Surfin, thats an excellent 60 minit tiki, Nice job. I'm not sure if I would have put a chisel to it with all the sand and shells. Cool.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Jun 29, 2005 7:26 AM

Whoa 60 minutes? Cool dude

That is amazingly cool for 60 minutes!!

my dad lives on 20 acres of woods...I'm thinking I may have to hit him up for a log or two....and some help figuring out a chainsaw...

Great work surfintiki...

60 minutes? Thats some nice work for such a short amount of time. I like the wave detail.

T

Thats a good tiki and a great hour tiki. Some people can't do that with all day. You probably did that in half the time it takes someone to think about doing one. Those colors are great too.

Ok, I will execpt to see 24 more tiki by this time tomorrow.

Cool 2-tone work!

You meant the wave took you 60 minutes, right? Very cool.

Thanks all, yeah, um, I meant just the chainsaw'n part and a little chisel'n. The wood was pretty water worn in spots. You could push it in with your thumb, it was so soft, especially where I was attempting to do the wave, coulda carved it with a spoon! Other spots, the wood was beautiful.
Sanding n' stain was at least another hour.
Sam- I dig the 2 stain thing too, will definately do some in the future.
Teakey-negatory on that.
Ben- Sand is a-no-good on the tools. How does Will do it? (SCTikishack) With all that washed up Redwood he gets.
Rodeo/Raffer- The wave was sloppily done, so I'm glad ya like it!

Looks great! It's a tempting idea to just whip out a grease pencil, sketch something out on a log and let the chainsaw chips fly real fast. Well, it worked out great for you. :)

Some of the SoCal locals are doing just that for the OC Beach Burn. I'm told a number of tikis might be sacrificed in the bonfires that night. I might have to try it out myself. But if my tiki turns out as good as yours, it won't be sacrificed on the beach, no way!

M

Nice-sweet-beautiful! carve! Do it again man!

GREAT TIKI

great work surfintiki.love it.

Pages: 1 13 replies