Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Palama Tiki's Latest Creation

Pages: 1 8 replies

Here's a guy inspired by one of Octane's beautiful pieces. He's carved in pine with a cherry stain; about 3.5 - 4 feet tall. Excuse the bare, unfinished area around his base: I had to expand that landscape area and am still waiting on a truckload of mulch.

[img}http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5d808b3127cce92c752e2167000000015108QbtGbZqyca[/img]

here's the new guy with an older relative...

Thanks for looking!

D

Palama,those are terrific!So many talented people are on Tiki Central-count yourself among them!

Thank you doc... that means alot to me, especially with the caliber of artists on this site.

Very cool. He looks like he might knock your block off if you got too close! I love the skulls in the background too.

Great Tiki yard! Mine needs to look like that.

Very cool tiki with a distinctive style - and that yard, where do you live? In Tiki Gardens???? :) It's beautiful!

Palama, you're back! I knew you must be off carving something good. I like the bold features and stylized loincloth. I see you've also got one of those crazy signs in the background like Mr. 8 Ft. Tiki. Thanks for the great pix.

A-A

H

Cool dude - you got a cool style, nice and clean

Thank you for all the good words Fink, Surfintiki, Sam, A-A, Hewey! I appreciate it!

Fink, the skull on the post is part of one of my no trespassing signs; i have the wording in English and Hawaiian.

Surfintiki and Sam: thanks for the props on the yard. Sam, I live on a rapidly rising lake in Central FL: with the record June rains that we've had, i've lost at least 30 feet of beachfront where i had some additional landscaping. I had to dig out and replant as much foliage as i could and get them to higher ground over the last few weeks.

So what used to look like this:

now looks like this:

The water is even higher now, covering that top step. I'm not too happy about it, but many people are losing their homes to the flooding.

A-A, i was going to make the 'loincloth area' more realistic like Gecko does, but i figured i'd freak out the neighbors, so i went with the PG version. The sign post has been there for years, and documents the locations of wreck dives that I have done.

Thanks again all!

Pages: 1 8 replies