Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Recommendation Needed: Kowloon v. Bali Hai (Mass.)

Pages: 1 4 replies

R

Hi all -
On my way up to Maine, my family will be stopping off to visit both these venues since they're so close to each other & on the way. The question is: assuming we're stopping for lunch or dinner, which one would be better to eat at?

Cheers for any suggestions you can offer!
~Rupe

The Kowloon would be the better choice, if food is important. The decor might not be as tiki as the Bali Hai, but the food is better. On the other hand, if you want the step-into-the-past feeling of a tiki establishment, Bali Hai wins. Drinks at Bali Hai are also good and inexpensive. What makes it even more intriguing is how it's off the main road through some side streets. I recommend Kowloon for lunch or dinner, but try to get to Bali Hai for drinks and atmosphere. Check out Locating Tiki for more input.

Thanks for the info. I was going to be headed down FROM Maine in the near future, and this gives me something to go on.

D

kowloon for food and decor ~ there's a great energy in the restaurant! be sure to order the Ambrosia (food on fire)

they still have mugs at bali hai, you can buy them at the cashier's station. in case you're not in a drinking mood or if you're the driver!

are you going to be able to go to Hu Ke Lau in Chicopee, MA? DEFINITELY worth a trip for the dinner show. a new england luau, thats for sure! (again, food on fire ~ the pu pu platter is blazing!)

i've posted a bunch of stuff on all three restaurants.. have fun, and take pictures!

elicia

R

Thanks to all of you who responded... we had a great time on our Kowloon/Bali Hai doubleheader back in July!

Photos abound!
Kowloon:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=10145&forum=2

And Bali Hai:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=6295&forum=2&start=last&10

HURRAH! Thank you very much--my brother, Dad and I had a spectacular evening thanks to your advice, and came home with some super souvenirs to boot.

cheers,
Rupe

Pages: 1 4 replies