Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Bar TV - latest episode

Pages: 1 2 73 replies

S

I just watched some episodes over again. I just noticed there were other people besides Lala

Tonight on E-talk Daily , Dr .Tiki interview. Here in Canada on ctv. Will also be posted to tikibartv web site later. Interview was filmed at Funhauser Decor, wich is of coures our very own Pepeletiki's store.

Yeah, I wasn't too keen on the first one (which is cough well-documented), but the shows just keep getting better and better. Many laugh out loud moments. Is there any chance of them releasing a collection of these as a DVD somewhere down the line?

Trader Woody

K

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Episode 14 : boomerang.

Another great episode.

tiki tiki ti tiki tiki tow...

OK, I tried to fight it but now I am hooked on Tiki Bar TV. If these internet addictions keep up I may never leave my treehouse again.

Chongolio

P

For some reason I can't get episode 14 to play. All the others do. I wonder what is the issue with this one? Has anyone else had this problem?

Yes, Episode 14 is in a new format. You need to go download the newest quicktime player to enjoy that one.

G

Episode 16 - Tongue Twister! After several sub-standard episodes that had me wondering if the magic was gone, Dr Tiki is back in good form!

The drink featured here is the Tongue Twister. Is anyone familiar with this drink? A Google search oddly turned up next to nothing.

C

I want my, I want my, I want my Tiki Bar TV

K

"GREEKI TIKI"

I loved it until they started smashing tiki mugs at the end. Hopefully they were all Shonefelds.

T

Dry Halloween

Da da da da da

T

Episode 36 - Conspiracy

T

BUY STUFF NOW

M

Is Tiki Bar TV still alive or have they crossed over?

G

I believe they pulled the plug some time ago. It was a good run, but sort of lost its edge (or maybe just its newness) after episode 10 (drinkbot). Geez, I can't believe that was over 5 years ago.

It's been a little over a year. The last (or, most recent?) was Episode 45 - The Commodore - from Dec., 2009. Maybe they're just in in hiatus, waiting for some fresh ideas. Or, working on a new concept: Tiki A.A. Chapter.

P

I heard that Kevin Gamble (Johnny Johnny) got a gig as a big vice president at Disney. I imagine that severely limited his time to be mixing cocktails at the S.S. Tiki Bar.

Of course, there could be a myriad of other reasons that TBTV is stalled in the horse latitudes. I suspect we may have seen the last of it. Well, it certainly was fun while it lasted.

[ Edited by: PiPhiRho 2011-01-27 17:51 ]

Yeah. Sellout!
Kevin Gamble Joins Disney Television Animation

Maybe TBTV can become a special division of Disney, now?

"The rum's the thing..."

[ Edited by: Limbo Lizard 2011-01-27 20:52 ]

Ah well...at least their neighbors will enjoy the quiet now.

W

but wait! Kevin is no longer with Disney!

"It took less than a year for Kevin to realize that he was, in fact, an absolutely terrible executive. He's much better at making cartoons than he is trying to act all grown-up and serious in a boardroom.

Kevin has since returned to wearing Chuck Taylors, and is available for consulting, creative development, freelance producing, and the like. If you're buying, he's also available for cocktails."

http://www.crypticent.com/bio_kgamble.html

On 2011-01-28 13:18, webwide wrote:
"Kevin .... is available for .... freelance producing, and .... if you're buying, he's also available for cocktails."

So,... as long as I'm buying the drinks, he may be willing to listen to my on-spec idea for the new series, "The Tiki Bar at the End of the Universe"?

December 25, 2009, was the last released episode of Tiki Bar TV. That's almost 8 years ago.

Just sayin' that I miss the show, especially the earlier episodes.

Here's a tip o' the old tiki hat (whatever that might be) to Dr. Tiki, Johnny Johnny, Lala, and the cast of characters and the crew.

Looks like the episodes are still downloadable from iTunes, so someone is still paying for the bandwidth, thank the tiki gods!

W

Wow - sure was a blast from the past to see a notification pop up in my email from this forum!

First, I can't believe my old email still forwards to me. Haven't used it in forever. All updated now. Had to change password and everything...

I can't believe it's been that long! sigh I am so nostalgic now.

BB

Even coming super late to the party I can say I'm a big fan of TBTV. You can tell they had so much fun putting it all together.

Pages: 1 2 73 replies