Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tiki Bicycle....Have you seen this yet???

Pages: 1 15 replies

A co-worker, (PALM TREE LINDA), brought this to my attention yesteday. It appears they only make it in a womens model right now but I suppose if you email them or call them and if they receive enough requests they may consider making a mens model also.

I thinks it's very cool...

Look at the website by cutting and pasting below or clicking on the link:

http://www.electrabike.com/04/bikes/05bikes/str/05_str_25.html

Mahalo,

Hawaii Kai Guy

DZ

Speaking of Tiki bicycles, whatever became of these? Traderpup's (in)famous "MaiTaicycles" from this year's Doo Dah Parade.

Notice some of the fine details.... mai tai cocktail on the front fenders, parrots from noose in tow......

The ladies may get the tiki bike but the men got some cool ones too

the rat rod bike

LOVED THE BICYCLE YOU POSTED Doctor Z!!!!

It was just pointed out to me that you can buy the bicycle seat by itself for $ 39.95.

Click on this link:

http://www.electrabike.com/04/parts/16/16_31.html

Mahalo,
HKG

O
Otto posted on Fri, Jul 1, 2005 11:37 PM

Hawaii Kai guy

Yes, I have seen this bike
(not Tiki much gets past me!!)

I had the opportunity to view this bike at the huge INTERBIKE show in Vegas last Sept.
Unfortunately the reps for Electra were total assholes and not only would they not let me take pictures (the bike was technically not on the market yet and I am sure they feared knock offs) but they also would not give me a catalog!?!

I did manage to get a couple pix before they stopped me

the seat is awesome, and there are custom grips too. If my memory serves me right the wheels also have a hibiscus pattern so when you ride through wet sand it leaves a print.
My only complaint is that they went through all the trouble of designing and embossing a seat, grips, tires, even posted a carved Tiki to their site, yet they use the free clip art from House Industries for the graphics on the bike!

H
hewey posted on Sat, Jul 2, 2005 7:59 AM

On 2005-06-30 12:42, rodeotiki wrote:
The ladies may get the tiki bike but the men got some cool ones too

Hey rodeo you would probably dig my brothers "rat rod" style pushie. Its a standard 'diamond' style frame, matt black, white walls, big seat with fat chrome springs, single speed, and MASSIVE handle bars. They are off a motoX bike and are so wide he has trouble getting it into the back yard.

anyone ever seen one of these?

it was made by dyno bikes. they went out of business about 2 yrs ago. i'm pretty sure it was designed by von franco.

M

Yep I was drooling over that Bike but didn't have the sratch back then - and it was definately designed by Von Franco!

I am also confused by the Electra site (if you follow the link provided) - so do you get the larged carved Tiki, the Street Rod and the chick all for $400.00?

They also have a Hawaii Theme Bike on site.

If you get a chance - check out the Big Daddy Rat Fink Tribute Bike they offer. Got one sitting in my living room! Very nice for a large production piece.

[ Edited by: Maori_man on 2005-07-05 16:54 ]

A

I've also got a Rat Fink bike, but I had to take it out and ride it. Even the taciturn bikers all break out in a wide grin when they see me coming. Also, being a bit of a bike nut, I got the Electra Rockabilly bike, also a beauty. My experience is that I've not found them to be assholes, as they've sent me a catalog and touchup paint for the Rat bike (and where's my back issues of Tiki News, by the way?).

H
hewey posted on Thu, Jul 7, 2005 1:20 AM

I believe chikitiki (now tiki diablo?) bought one of the von franco pushies whilst down here in Australia recently. (I might have my names messed up, so don't hold me to this)

Aloha Drunken Hat,

Mahalo for that inspirational photo - redefining a cool tiki ride!

I have that green bike. It's a cool ride. Next time you come down Hat, I'll let you ride it....IF you make me a drink.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Jul 20, 2005 8:48 PM

I was looking for Dyno's website, and found bike rod and custom. If you like this thread, there will be eye candy for you. These are my favourites:

The website is:
http://mywilson.homestead.com/gallery0.html

J

Great link Hewey - that just ate up a good hour! Some amazing "bikes" on there!

T

Hey thanks for the link to the tiki bike. When the little woman saw it she had to have one. We're going to pick it up today. Aloha

On 2005-07-07 01:20, hewey wrote:
I believe chikitiki (now tiki diablo?) bought one of the von franco pushies whilst down here in Australia recently. (I might have my names messed up, so don't hold me to this)

Mixing up yoour Cheeky's/Chiki's there Hewey. It's the Britiki Cheekytiki who has one of those sweet Von Franco machines.

And yes, I think he does 'take it off some sweet jumps'.

Pages: 1 15 replies