Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Thumbs Up to TIKIFISH & MUNKTIKI!

Pages: 1 8 replies

I just recieved #85 of 150 Shecky! It is a beatuiful mug! Thanks so much! YALL ROCK! My wife likes his little butt!

I think the butt was the clincher in the mug contest.... Or is that clencher?

ha ha

T

whats the story on Shecky, where did he come from, how was he named, how did he become TC's mascot? :sheckymug:

I'll throw in what I know and others can fill in the blanks. I'm sure I'm going to get some of this wrong:

Shecky was designed by Tikifish after someone on Tiki Central (back on Yahoo) came up with the idea of a Kilroy-like Tiki sign to graphitti. The idea was to have a Tiki that was easy to spraypaint on telephone poles in order to promote the concept of Tiki. That design is here:

The mug was then designed on paper by Tikifish based on the graffitti design. The Icon: :sheckymug: was designed by Tikifish based on the mug.

Hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2002-11-01 17:44 ]

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2002-11-01 17:45 ]

T

I doodled the original Shecky on a napkin at the Mockingbird BAr. Wish I still had that napkin, it would be history! hahah!

T

Maybe there should be a 2nd annual tiki mug design contest - Munktiki held the first (and best, ha ha) one, but perhaps TIki Farm should join the party!

Now there are more of us the designs could be pretty interesting.

From tributes to Hanford to Puppy ear penis moais, there could be quite a lot to choose from! anyone?

On 2002-11-02 07:05, tikifish wrote:
Maybe there should be a 2nd annual tiki mug design contest....Now there are more of us the designs could be pretty interesting.

From tributes to Hanford to Puppy ear penis moais, there could be quite a lot to choose from! Anyone?

How about a tribute to both Shag AND A Flock of Seagulls!?

Shecky was designed by Tikifish after someone on Tiki Central (back on Yahoo) came up with the idea of a Kilroy-like Tiki sign to graphitti. The idea was to have a Tiki that was easy to spraypaint on telephone poles in order to promote the concept of Tiki.
The mug was then designed on paper by Tikifish based on the graffitti design. The Icon was designed by Tikifish based on the mug.

Yes, Shecky was also printed on stickers and plastered in various areas as well. Munktiki offered to make a mug based on members' designs and Shecky came out the winner. He was named after lounge lizard Shecky Greene.

Maybe there should be a 2nd annual tiki mug design contest....Now there are more of us the designs could be pretty interesting.

Yes, in my own Sick & Twisted way, I think it would be damn funny to see Puppy Moai Penis Ear Boy in a tiki mug of some sort.

Boy, Looks like my comment to Mad Tiki will haunt me forever. COOOOOOOL!!!!!

Pages: 1 8 replies