Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Smokin' Menehunes recording a 6 song EP, July 2, 2005!

Pages: 1 4 replies

OK, the beans are spilled, no use denying it or passing the blame. We want details: song titles, track order, who's playing what, & when, sound & feel of the tracks, etc.

When & where will this thing of beauty be available, and what will it cost me?

T

Wow, glad to hear we have people interested in our little dog and pony show.

We're recording at a classic analog studio that has long been a staple in the OC punk scene. With that said, even Mr Bill Tapia has recorded there. The studio name is The Distillery, which sounds good no matter what they produce.

Will have the product available in the very near future.

IG

Fantastic! Put me on the list.

-I. Grogg

This is awesome news. I always thought that the Smokin' Menehunes reminded me of the very early days of Poison (before all the glam stuff) when they were more accoustic and played exotica. (Let's hope Spike doesn't think they will find more success in lipstick and hairspray!)

By the way: Tiki Bong, if you are using a lap steel guitar on any of your songs and you find that your knees are getting all scuffed-up, PM me and I will see about making some official licensed (with your permission) "Smokin' Menehunes Tiki Kneepads". Maybe I can make extras and we can do a package deal with your CD if the fans mention "Tiki Central".

[ Edited by: CaptainKneePads Tiki on 2005-07-03 00:18 ]

T

On 2005-07-02 09:24, Iuka Grogg wrote:
Fantastic! Put me on the list.

-I. Grogg

If I must say so, I appreciate your interest Mr Grogg. And further, it was you and your band that inspired me, as in myself, to fulfill chasing the dream music, Hawaiian, as my personal genre.

(hey, can I give you one of our CD's and receive a small discount on one of your CD's?)

Pages: 1 4 replies