Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Haole Kats playing October 30th Florida Collectibles & Vintage Memorabilia Show!

Pages: 1 0 replies

More details later, but mark your calendars for Sunday, October 30th, when we'll be holding our fall Florida Collectibles & Vintage Memorabilia Show at the historic Belleview Biltmore Hotel in Clearwater!

I'm thrilled that the Haole Kats will again be joining us for this special show. They were an absolute hit at Sunken Gardens, and I was so pleased to find their schedule was open!

As was featured at our spring show at Sunken Gardens, we'll again be showcasing premier dealers of vintage Floridiana souvenirs and memorabila - everything and anything from all your favorite spots in Florida. Special attractions so far include: lectures by Seth Bramson and Bob LeBlanc are confirmed, plus we'll have several popular authors on Florida memorabilia offering book signings, and - a real treat for fans of Florida Highwaymen art - we'll have one of the original Highwaymen artists appearing!

As some of you may know, the historic Bellview Biltmore is in the midst of a real struggle right now, with competing groups trying to "save" the hotel from demolition - one wishing to save the entire hotel (which is even grander than the lodge featured in "The Shining") and one heading towards partial destruction and then condo conversion of the property. Read more about the Biltmore's history on the hotel's timeline at http://www.belleviewbiltmore.com and the current status re demolition at http://www.savethebiltmore.com. And if you can, please write letters in support of saving this grand old hotel - see addresses on the Save the Biltmore site. The Bellview is open for business as usual, so if you can, plan on staying over the night before the show! If interested, let me know and we'll get back to you if we can work out a block rate for rooms.

More details on the show as we get things confirmed. We had over 2,000 attendees at the spring show, and are anticipating an even greater turn-out this time. If you'd like to get on our email list for regular postings about this show (and our December Retro-Rama Antiques & Collectibles show or the February Collecto-Rama Antiques & Collectibles Show)send me an email or post here and we'll add you to our list.

Mahalo for supporting events by Hula Hula Productions! Long live the Belleview Biltmore!

Annette
Hula Hula Productions, Inc.
[email protected]

Hula Hula...A Retro-Tropical Department Store, 341 Corey Ave., St. Pete Beach, Florida, 33706. Call us sometime! 727-363-4852

[ Edited by: Ms. Hula Hula on 2005-07-01 20:06 ]

Pages: 1 0 replies