Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Mmmmm... Grog....

Pages: 1 1 replies

K

Well, I couldn't find any REAL orgeat, so I had to get Fee Brothers Orgeat syrup. It actually came out great!

I came home, and made a small batch using 6oz of Appletons rum, 4oz each of orange, pineapple juice, and all the juice of one medium sized lime. I also used a coffee filter with about 15 cloves, tied off with string, which I let float in there for about 10 minutes.

We poured that into a couple tiki mugs filled with ice, and topped it off with sprigs of fresh mint. Mmmmmmmmmm....

I know it's not the regular navy grog recipe, but it really tastes good. Oh yes, I put in a 1/2oz of Cuantro, just for good measure, and a bit of extra orange extract kick!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Now to go float in the pool in about 92 degree weather.

Sounds Yummy!

How did you go about mixing this concoction, though? Did you shake or stir it before or after letting the cloves steep? How much orgeat? What kind of glass? Crushed ice or cubes? Please post a detailed recipe as it sounds like something I wouldn't mind tasting soon (I do love cloves).
I know I've not read every post on TC, but what's supposed to be wrong with Fee Brothers Orgeat? Is it not "real" simply because it doesn't say "Trader Vic's" on the label?

Pages: 1 1 replies